Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Independent row length within kit tracks

PhilPhil MontréalBeta Tester Posts: 105

Each kit track rows can be set to a different lenght.
Hello polyrythm!

On top of that, individual rows can be nudged individually.

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017
    edited March 2020

You can achieve this by just using multiple kit clips. One for each sound if you want to. There's no limit to amount of clips - this is one of the uses for that :) And they also will have their own mutepads, which is nice.

In addition, for clarity, it would be polymeters, not polyrhythms!
    Illustration:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=WeXp7gDFVbc

Post edited by Icoustik on

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

thehypnotist333thehypnotist333 USABeta Tester Posts: 27

This is a great suggestion

sven_blobsven_blob France Beta Tester Posts: 153

Yeah !!! 😀

PhilPhil MontréalBeta Tester Posts: 105

@Icoustik said:
    You can achieve this by just using multiple kit clips. One for each sound if you want to. There's no limit to amount of clips - this is one of the uses for that :) And they also will have their own mutepads, which is nice.

In addition, for clarity, it would be polymeters, not polyrhythms!
    Illustration:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=WeXp7gDFVbc

You are right, it is somehow achievable but not nearly as fun as what I suggest.
    No step editing or step automation in song view.
    Kit track is awesome because any lane can be either sample, synth or CV gates, very powerfull and playable.
    I just wish every row could have it's on lenght / time division / play direction.

I use it a lot to clock 4 modular, volcas, pocket operators, sq-1 with the 4 gate outputs.
    Drawing different clock grids on the fly gives a lot of interesting results with their sequencers.