Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Continuous gate signal

henrikmaneuverhenrikmaneuver BerlinPosts: 18
edited March 2020 in Deluge Help

I'm trying to use an external gate unit (OTO Boum) with my Deluge. It needs "a present signal" to activate and using the gate output from the Deluge gets the job halfway done. The problem is that the Boum opens up on note on and off, I need it to be open continuously from on to off. Is there any way to make the Deluge output a continuous gate signal instead of on and off? I have also been trying to send CV to the Boum but have not found any signal that triggers it.

Post edited by henrikmaneuver on

Comments

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

drone note?

Just tried a drone note but it doesn't get the job done. It sends gate once, then nothing until I press play again to stop playback and then I get a second gate signal. What I need is a continuous gate output, maybe it's not possible.

hexagon5unhexagon5un MunichBeta Tester Posts: 121

Don't really know the Boum, but I know voltages.

The Deluge's gate does what it says on the box. Amiga's idea of a drone does pull the gate constantly high (v-trig). You could also set gate 3 to "run" mode and it'll do the same thing. High continuously while the sequence is playing, low otherwise.

I suspect that's not what you want, though.

If you put in a string of 16th notes (for example) it will stay high, but blip down to zero for a short period of time between notes. The manual says you can set this from 0.1 to 10 ms, but my Deluge seems to bottom out at 2.9 ms, with accurate numbers above that. If you're trying to re-trigger on every note, and the Boum is missing these low blips, you might try making them longer? 10 ms? Settings...cv...gate...offtime.

Thank you for your input, I will do another round of tests and hopefully I will find a way for the Boum to behave :)