Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Web-based Downrush - no FlashAir needed! Or installation!

The latest fashion in Downrush is web-based hosting. The first product to be web-based is Midian. All you have to do to use Midian stand-alone is to go to this web page: http://www.fentonia.com/catnip/midian/.

You use the "Choose File" buttons to upload your .mid file (and if desired, a SONG.XML file). After you grab the tracks you want, you press the "Download" button and the SONG.XML file is downloaded like any other download you do on the web.

So zero installation is involved. You don't need a FlashAir card or even a SD Card to make this work.

(It does help if you set your web browser program to let you change your download directory and file name. Instructions on how to do this are out there).

Comments

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326

WOW NICE!

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin

coxideliccoxidelic californiaPosts: 2

Thanks for this! :-)

BobbiPeruBobbiPeru Oakland, CAPosts: 22

"You don't need a FlashAir card or even a SD Card to make this work."

Thanks Jamie. What card would you recommend?

Followed the instructions, song is simply downloaded as "download". Renamed it to "song050"; two problems:

One: all instruments are consolidated into one instrument. Not a big issue.

Two: That instrument makes no sound. Went into the oscillator and played around with a lot of settings. Level is fine. Mods are fine.

Here's the midi I used to test.

If you can provide any insight, I'd love it. Been looking for a way to export my .mid's to the deluge and vice versa.