Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

USB MIDI > Korg NanoKontrol Studio now working.

72versions72versions Auckland NZBeta Tester Posts: 39
edited March 2020 in Deluge Help

I cannot get my Korg NanoKontrol Studio that I purchased specifically for Deluge to work.

I've got AC adapter running Deluge, USB plugged in before powering up, nanoKontrol running on batteries. Learn still not working.

When am i supposed to see "will blink “MIDI” for a working MIDI device, or “UNKNown” for anything other unsupported device." ?

Post edited by 72versions on

Comments

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614

http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/2341/list-of-tested-and-supported-controllers-with-deluges-usb-hosting/p1

Rohan has promised he is working to try make it work with more devices, but for now, its certainly best to buy a device that has already been confirmed as working.

It's working now. Runs reliably in USB power mode - not battery mode.

edited September 2021

Hey, is it possible a firmware update may have broken this controller's compatibility?

I don't use the midi controller very often - as it relies on mains power to be connected to Deluge.
    I realise there's been quite a delay - but I just checked the download date of my last firmware update
    Nov 2020 Deluge+firmware+V3p1p4.bin

Anyway the Deluge doesn't show MIDI on startup as it did in the post above.
    Any ideas?

I'm going to try downgrading

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

@72versions said:
    Hey, is it possible the last firmware update may have broken this controller's compatibility?

I don't use the midi controller very often - as it relies on mains power to be connected to Deluge.
    I realise there's been quite a delay - but I just checked the download date of my last firmware update
    Nov 2020 Deluge+firmware+V3p1p4.bin

Anyway the Deluge doesn't show MIDI as it did in the post above.
    Any ideas?

I'm going to try downgrading to 3.1.0

The latest update is 3.1.5. Maybe try again on that version?

@72versions said:
    @Too_Mere
    I tried all the 3.1 versions

I see. I don’t have that controller to try. The other thing I noticed is that you only said is that the Deluge doesn’t show MIDI at startup. I believe it stopped doing this at some point in firmware but will still recognize and function with controllers connected before startup. Have you checked that the controller won’t learn to anything or did you only notice the lack of MIDI message?

edited September 2021

Oh my days! thanks so much, I totally missed this.

You're right it works on 3.1.5! It's been so long I was totally doing the learning incorrectly. The controller has no keys so the audition pads are irrelevant. I tried learning the filter cutoff and eureka!

Thanks for saving me from wasting any more of their precious time!

Glad it’s working for you! 😃