Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

How to Sampling with different patterns?

uijauija GermanyPosts: 8

Hey!

I have a problem using samples synths vs. midi sequences, maybe someone can help.

If I have more than one pattern for the same synth (external or internal) Deluge understands that and does the grouping thing with it. On top of that, the color coding helps finding around in song mode as well as using the patterns in arranger view.

Now I like to sample Audio. Be it Guitar, Vocals etc, but also Synths that are sequenced by Deluge, to be able to reuse the Synth for something else or be independent of all the hardware, when out of our home. I seem to be unable to do the same grouping with samples as I am with midi tracks. Is this missing, or am I missing the way to do so?

If it is possible, could you tell me your workflow for it please?

Thanks, Jens

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017
    edited March 2020

Grouping? You mean when they mute each other out so only one plays at a time? Or?

Post edited by Icoustik on

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

uijauija GermanyPosts: 8

Exactly. For Midi-Files I can clone the track, change the midi data, and from that moment on, the patterns mute each other, they appear on the same track in arranger mode etc.
    If I clone the audio track, the same happens, but there is a sample on the track that I cannot get rid of.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@uija said:
    Exactly. For Midi-Files I can clone the track, change the midi data, and from that moment on, the patterns mute each other, they appear on the same track in arranger mode etc.
    If I clone the audio track, the same happens, but there is a sample on the track that I cannot get rid of.

I think I replied to this in the fb group :)

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ