β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Programming chords in keyboard mode

2Β»

Comments

pype_dreamspype_dreams melbuttPosts: 1

+1

But also, hold down assigned chord key and spin a knob and the chord is cycled up or down through the chord inversions, release to set as new inversion

AndrewChiAndrewChi BelgiumPosts: 12

The choice between Chord Memory (parallel harmony) and Scale Dependent Chords (diatonic) would be real KILLER imho!!

miklomiklo SwedenPosts: 3

This would be so nice to have!

wooderswooders Oxford, UKPosts: 13

Chords and chord progressions would be a real bonus for people like me who don't know music theory! I've been considering buying one of the midi controllers that supports chords for this purpose, but part of what I love about the Deluge is not having to use external gear (I do a lot of composition at the bottom of the garden!).

I'd love the facility to save chord progressions into a Chords folder on the SD card so we could create and share chord progressions with each other.

If there was some way to view those chords and progressions on the big grid I think that could be a really powerful learning tool too as it would show the shapes and locations of the chords and how they relate and change.

Likewise if some sort of piano-style keyboard is ever implemented on the grid, then overlaying chords onto that would be a great way to teach people chord shapes for use on a piano-style keyboard too.

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

@wooders said:
    Chords and chord progressions would be a real bonus for people like me who don't know music theory!

+1 for chords

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

TimmyGTimmyG EnglandPosts: 10
    edited July 2020

Post edited by TimmyG on
    gkwebgkweb MelbournePosts: 1

Great

BebopBebop GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 23

+100 B) for Chords in Keyboard mod or a simple Hold Funktion with press Shift Buttom, to program Voices with two Hands

cheers from Germany :smile:

SalterEASalterEA USAPosts: 2
    edited September 2020

+1

1) Chord Inversions
    2) Vertical Scrolling
    3) Feedback: Chord Display
    4) Feedback: Bright Notes
    Note: Chords presumed to be banked on the Audition pads.

1) Chord Inversions
    HOLD + PAD + (Scroll-H): From the position initially played, twist to move through inversions of the interval or chords banked on that pad.

2) Vertical Scrolling ( Keyboard, Kit, Both )
    Some users may prefer different defaults. Please allow us to pick which of the three are assigned to something like the following:

• (Scroll-V) for Keyboard
    • HOLD + (Scroll-V) for Kit
    • HOLD + HOLD + (Scroll-V) for Both

3) Feedback: Chord Display ( ie. Cma7 )
    Currently, when we play a chord, the last note entered will show on our display. When playing chords, I figure most can fit nicely on our display: Cmin, Daug, Fdim, etc. Not sure if our font would make those unintelligible, but yah.

An alternative could be to display the notes together ( ie. ACE ).

4) Feedback: Bright Notes
    When we play a chord directly from the Deluge in Keyboard mode, the notes brighten up. Please retain this feedback with one-finger chords as well. Would be great to also have this feedback when playing notes and chords from external devices, if viable.

Post edited by SalterEA on

You absolutely would want a 2 hand mode and maybe even an on/off note setting where you can build large inverted chords like a 3rd inversion of a minor 9th. I use these kinds of chords a lot. I bought this expecting it had this feature ...

AlterAlter TokyoPosts: 100
    edited July 2023

:)

Post edited by Alter on
    chrisrolandchrisroland United StatesPosts: 40

would be more efficient if MIDI notes (chords) could be played on an external keyboard and then placed on the clip grid in step entry mode like any other single note can be entered currently.

pogodancepogodance United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 57

Great idea, especially with arpeggiator!

2Β»