Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Send MIDI feedback

ELEVENELEVEN Zagreb, CroatiaPosts: 60

send midi feedback data to controllers.
this is very important for all of us who play live to avoid value jumps.
also, to see which tracks are active/muted on midi pads/buttons with led's

Comments

c'mon people..
    i know this is not a sexy, funky feature like wawetables, MPE etc. but it really is needed and shouldn't be heavy on the cpu.
    upvote if you feel me..
    thanx!!

TripodTwoTripodTwo NashvillePosts: 1

Vote Yes. How do I vote though? I'm clocking the up arrow and nothing happens

hey, clicking the up arrow is the way to do it!
    ..maybe refresh browser and try again?
    🤔

TripodIITripodII NashvillePosts: 1

Thanks. Wasn't working on mobile.

glad you got it 👍

tacharontacharon HamburgPosts: 44
    edited February 2020

Since there is the Faderfox EC4 - I agree that this is the other essential shortcoming of the Deluge - besides:
    http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/236/midi-controller-assignment-option-to-access-the-selected-edited-track

Post edited by tacharon on

yes!! it would be fantastic with any midi controller. and it wouldn't be cpu-intensive.

hollsoundhollsound HUNGARYPosts: 8

Voted

dannemolldannemoll SverigePosts: 1

Would love this to happen! Owner of Deluge + EC4.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2020

Yes, I would like MIDI feedback, for example to 'see' the value on my BCR2000
    (no clue how to vote via UP arrow, it seems it does not respond)

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

hey @JorisRöling, another user reported the UP arrow not working for him from a mobile phone. please try again from a computer, thank you!!

@ELEVEN said:
    hey @JorisRöling, another user reported the UP arrow not working for him from a mobile phone. please try again from a computer, thank you!!

I tried it on desktop (Safari & Chrome) & mobile (iOS). Nothing happens when I tap the up arrow (and no errors in console), so I have no way to upvote this 😢

😥
    i don't know what is the official way of reporting problems with the forum site, but i'm sure there is one! you are the second person having trouble with upvoting this..
    can you upvote other feature requests normally?

This morning I received my membership approval, and now it works. Yes! I can vote.... 😃

👍

MPrinsenMPrinsen NetherlandsPosts: 157

I just got a Novation Launch Control XL, which is great to control the volume and synth parameters. It can also launch clips with the pads, but it is hard to seen which pad is for which clip.. It would be great if the Deluge could send midi feedback to the Launch Control to make the Launch Control's pad match color of the learned clip mute state.

The same applies to the Launchpad or any other similar controller obviously.

exactly!!
    how about value jumps with encoders/faders? for me this is even a bigger issue. but of course both would be solved with MIDI feedback

bump

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326

I'm sorry Synthstrom told several times, that they don't make use of the "moste voted" features. They have their own feature list, that they are working through. You can find this in several places in the forum.

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078
    edited April 2020

@OdoSendaidokai said:
    I'm sorry Synthstrom told several times, that they don't make use of the "moste voted" features. They have their own feature list, that they are working through. You can find this in several places in the forum.

not entirely true. dont know what means „top 10/20 obviously do make an impact“ though

Ian_Jorgensen said:
    Yeah, to be honest, I don't really look at the number of votes. The ones in the top 10/20 obviously do make an impact, but we understand that the chances of submitting a new great idea and getting it into those echelons is difficult, so I just look at everything new coming in...but also, our existing dream list is already epicly huge...

I have a similar list to this on a spreadsheet, but I don't record the position or votes on an idea, but yeah, its nice to have the top 100 (so far) collected...you can probably cross out a few more on that list from the 3.0 beta

yeah, they never comment on suggestions. i understand this can be a pit of snakes. but it is not terrific community management if you brand urself as community driven and fail to share an opinion on stuff that is brought up by every new wave of users over the years. i assume Synthstrom does not engage in details because Rohan does not have the time and the coders perspective is different, and Ian has prolly no time as well.
    forgive me for being blunt. in the end probably everything is good as it is cause i still love the D.

Post edited by amiga909 on
    OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326

You are right @amiga909 👍

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin

kromatekkromatek FrancePosts: 4

@TripodTwo said:

same here. I vote for it +1

WingatuiWingatui AustraliaPosts: 8

@kromatek said:

@TripodTwo said:

same here. I vote for it +1

I think if it does nothing, that means you've already voted for it and you can't vote again? (I think)

JabokJabok AustriaBeta Tester Posts: 5

Yes Please!