Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Latest firmware with old top panel

Is anyone using their Deluge with the latest firmware and the pre-3.x top panel? I haven’t got around to getting my panel replaced yet and could really do with upgrading my firmware. I will replace the panel, but is the mix of the two going to be completely unusable in the meantime, or tolerable?

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

It totally fine. A few of the shortcuts have changed, but not many, and not super important ones.
    For example, Zone end (top left corner) has become Interpolation instead - a parameter one doesn't always use. But still making better use of the shortcut buttons.
    A more important one is Name, used for naming clips, kit rows etc. - that is located right above the Arp mode shortcut.

You can also just use e.g. some masking tape and a marker and put your shortcuts and qwerty keyboard on there :)
    I have 2 Deluges, and that's what I did with my old one. Its just staying that way

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

Thanks! I’m going to give it a go.

p_watsp_wats TorontoPosts: 111

Yeah, I still use an older panel. I bought one of the magnetic overlays, but don't really find it that necessary. Haven't had any issues so far.