Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Seamless audio drone looping possible?

harmonyunitedharmonyunited United StatesPosts: 18

Hey all, I am coming into deluge from the live looping pedal world. I have become accustomed to the way overdubs merge audio into one track over the bar line so I can have a seamless drone loop built. Is there a way to do that on the deluge? The spill over seems to be the key feature for this to work sonically..

Any ideas out there?

Comments

Bump

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@harmonyunited said:
    Bump

Sonically, you should be able to achieve the same result and then some - the Deluge does both individual overdubs one at a time, and auto-generating like a typical looper pedal would. However these manifest as individual audio clip lines on the Deluge, but this is just more empowering ultimately.
    The Deluge utilizes a smart-crossfading technique for the start/end points of loops (when "Margins" are turned on in the recording settings menu), which is an advantage over other typical loopers.

Do you have a Deluge? If so, the way to do the continuous auto-layering overdubbing is by either inititating overdub holding Rec + pressing the audition pad of the row underneath an audio clip - or by using the LAYEr loop midi command :)

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

@Icoustik, thanks a lot for the response. I will give that a shot... I have a midi foot controller programmed for the deluge and the layer function will be my new exploration.

It would be nice to have a feature that destructively overdubs on a single track to keep things tidy... more like a traditional looper. But betters can’t be choosers and the deluge is so amazing as it is and know it’s only getting better. ;)

Cheers!