Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Change track colour in Song View?

LarsDanielLarsDaniel DenmarkPosts: 21

Is it possible? As it is, I know how to go into a clip, change its colour, then go back to song view, but it would just be convenient to change track colours from Song View. I think it is possible, but I have not been able to figure it out.

Thanks!

Comments

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

you can't. only adjust brightness of all LEDs.
    good idea but actually i won't bother coloring clips until http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/439/monochrome-single-color-for-tracks

LarsDanielLarsDaniel DenmarkPosts: 21

Ah, thanks.

And single colours for tracks, yes please.

kleinstarkleinstar germanyBeta Tester Posts: 51

I often jam with the deluge and as you can make 5 rows in 5 minutes - I have big issues with remeberig what-was-what :) its not a easy thing to go into the clip to set up the resulting color of the notes which are not always visible at once.. to set the resulting color in the song view is as good as monochrome colors - you can bring the colors nearly to what you want..
    And the same shortcut like in the clip is also still free :)
    In general - at all disciplines - it`s a genius device - please help us with the colors :)

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 608

Here's a workaround to get monochromatic colors for clips in song view:

1) Enter clip
    2) If synth, scroll to a very high note, if kit, make a new sample at the highest row.
    3) Mute the high synth note row or sample row.
    4) Place a note on the first beat of the sequence, hold the note for the entirety of the clip.
    4b) For kit row samples, set the sample to stretch first, then extend the note for the entirety of the clip.
    5) Exit clip view and see how the row in song view is lit only that highest note's color. Since they're muted they won't play or conflict with the sequence.

1st pad will be brightest color, the rest will be same color slightly faded. If you wanted to have only bright colors, then you can enter notes at every step, but if you zoom in, there will be gaps!

kleinstarkleinstar germanyBeta Tester Posts: 51

:) Wow, thank you - didn`t come across this one..Will try if i get used to this and see if it helps me overcomming my fear of rows in general :)
    just heard from silent notes to lock parameters..
    Thank you

rensrens United KingdomPosts: 14

Is this still the best way to be able to colour clips in song mode? Its really easy to get lost with multiple tracks.