Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Vertical scrolling by pages (8 rows)

It would be handy to have the ability to scroll by increments of 8 rows with a shift + knob or even shift + button so we can have quick access to the clips/tracks in projects that require a lot of them.

Comments

SoundForgerSoundForger Posts: 3
    edited January 2020

Hey! This looks like a good place to share my thought, because I can't for the life of me find a button for a new thread.

Here I go!
    Some drum kits I crated have 50+ 100+ samples.
    That's hard to work with.

I would like to have a way to collapse the drum kit so that it would show only the tracks that are currently in use, and of course be able to expand it back again.
    This way I won't have to scroll too much just to add a couple of hats on a drum variation.
    I think this would be a good idea or if this is already implemented please let me know how can I do that.

Also the idea above isn't bad either.

Post edited by SoundForger on
    rudolphrapidrudolphrapid Beta Tester Posts: 129
    edited January 2020

@SoundForger If you have such heavy kits with 100+ items you'll face different and bigger issues like CPU overload earlier than just the not-so-convenient UI could turn to really bother you, I guess :D So for Deluge it can be difficult to handle songs having such fat kits well.
    I'm afraid the feature of collapsing unused kit items would go against to the producer's recommendation of removing unused kit rows from kits in order to lessen the load on CPU.

Post edited by rudolphrapid on
    amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

upvoted. yeah, i'd love to have that everywhere: song, arranger, synth, ..

good point, rudolph, about being careful with tons of unused items in kits. it has been confirmed samples loaded in a project require some resources, even if they are unused or muted. i guess this holds true for any samples loaded anywhere to some extent.

i like to collapse function. it could be too complicated, can only guess.
    could be a peanut for Rohan to let a collapse function take care about offloading samples. a collapse function could generate a new kit preset variation (which is already default if you add/remove kit rows). in http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/284/true-custom-scales/p1 I proposed a "collapse all" function - more with thinking about a way to let me define arbitrary scales easily. but, yeah, I could use it for kits too. I like to to construct drum kits by loading an entire folder with load ALL and then keep a few.

Actually think I have noticed some issues with large kits.
    Skips and low response and such.
    Heck I only got mine for like 4 days now. :tongue:

I can't figure out how to best deal with large amounts of drum samples.
    Most packs come with a lot of samples and to have a clip for every sound (snare / kick / hat etc.)
    isn't very productive if you ask me.

I can't just select 30 samples out of 500 and drop the rest
    And all I have to work with is a script made by SOME guy here on the forum (god bless his soul!)
    I am willing to continue this conversation anywhere else you might suggest if this isn't the proper topic for it.

Still this remains a valid suggestion.

SoundForgerSoundForger Posts: 3
    edited January 2020

nvm :)

Post edited by SoundForger on
    ELEVENELEVEN Zagreb, CroatiaPosts: 60

would be great! 👍

rczrcz NYBeta Tester Posts: 111

Still for it. Maybe hold down vertical scroll button and press the top or bottom audition pad?