Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

NEW: "Boards of Deluge" - 50 new, organic synth presets for Deluge

jman81jman81 PolandBeta Tester Posts: 47

Get the pack here: https://synth-patches.com/deluge/

"Boards of Deluge" Sound Bank - 50 New Synth Presets for the Synthstrom Audible Deluge. Well designed, organic pads, leads and textures ideal for fans of Boards of Canada, Tycho, Moderat, Nils Frahm etc.

Includes sounds from "Roygbiv" (BoC), "New Error" (Moderat), "Says" (Nils Frahm).

Comments

AutomaticFormAutomaticForm United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 12

Really nice!

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614

<3

rudolphrapidrudolphrapid Beta Tester Posts: 129

Awesome! This also demonstrates well the Deluge's strong capabilities in sound design territory, too.
    I'm just wondering how you managed to create sounds where the ping-pong delay starts on left side :) I constantly experience that it starts on right on my device. The reverb also seems to me stronger/louder on right when releasing a note.

AkenAken MontrealPosts: 31

"I'm just wondering how you managed to create sounds where the ping-pong delay starts on left side"

Funny, It also caught my attention. I was listening quietly all the video then suddenly I was like "wait what?"

:) It's...hard to say :D Can you specify which sound are you thinking about? I used random + panning mod matrix in few sounds - so maybe you don't hear the delay, maybe it's the sound "starting" on the left side :)

Regards,
    Chris.

@rudolphrapid said:
    Awesome! This also demonstrates well the Deluge's strong capabilities in sound design territory, too.
    I'm just wondering how you managed to create sounds where the ping-pong delay starts on left side :) I constantly experience that it starts on right on my device. The reverb also seems to me stronger/louder on right when releasing a note.

@jman81 said:
    :) It's...hard to say :D Can you specify which sound are you thinking about? I used random + panning mod matrix in few sounds - so maybe you don't hear the delay, maybe it's the sound "starting" on the left side :)

Regards,
    Chris.

Check 24/50 Vapor Flute :) Delay seems to start on left. 35/50 Saw Vibe is another example for such behavior.

Ok I was thinking hard and after investigation I can say that...It's propably because of my recording setup! Look at the cables on the video - the red one should be right, not left :) This is why you here a delay on the left :)

Hmm, maybe this is an idea for the additional feature for Deluge: ability to choose a "start side" for ping-pong delay? :)

Regards,
    Chris

@rudolphrapid said:

@jman81 said:

Regards,
    Chris.

Check 24/50 Vapor Flute :) Delay seems to start on left. 35/50 Saw Vibe is another example for such behavior.

edited January 2020

@jman81 said:
    Ok I was thinking hard and after investigation I can say that...It's propably because of my recording setup! Look at the cables on the video - the red one should be right, not left :) This is why you here a delay on the left :)

Hmm, maybe this is an idea for the additional feature for Deluge: ability to choose a "start side" for ping-pong delay? :)

Regards,
    Chris

It came up in my mind, too, though I didn't dare to ask you about it :D
    Yes, the ping-pong delay start side should be set manually.
    It would also be good to know why the reverb is also stronger on right side, especially by mid-high pitch notes. But I don't want to be off-topic here :)

You did an excellent work with this sound pack.

Post edited by rudolphrapid on
    mycorrhizaborgmycorrhizaborg United StatesPosts: 5

these are really fantastic, all of them! impressed that the deluge can make some of these, really rich.

Thank you all!
    Yep, Deluge synth engine can more than I expected. I recommend using mod matrix - it's easy and very powerful.

Regards!
    Chris

Rian78Rian78 USAPosts: 22

Great Stuff!
    I downloaded the presets the other day and i really enjoy them.
    Some of them seem to be very quiet in contrast with the other synths even with the patches volume turned up.
    What would be the best way to increase the gain without adding any distortion?
    Amazing work I am sure it took a while, just from my own sound design experiences.

Hi Rian

Try to increase a volume level of the oscilators - if it's possible. If not, try to add some saturation.

Regards,
    Chris

@Rian78 said:
    Great Stuff!
    I downloaded the presets the other day and i really enjoy them.
    Some of them seem to be very quiet in contrast with the other synths even with the patches volume turned up.
    What would be the best way to increase the gain without adding any distortion?
    Amazing work I am sure it took a while, just from my own sound design experiences.

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326

Really beautiful sounds 🌻

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin

NRuckNRuck UKBeta Tester Posts: 80

Really, really nice. Might grab me some of that good stuff. Thanks for the hard work.

Really beautiful sounds 🌻

Thank you! :)

Thanks for the hard work.

Thanks. It was intense, byt really joyful :)

BennythewBennythew UkPosts: 4

Ordered my deluge yesterday.
    I'm totally new to sound design and I'm very impressed.

Really very beautiful sounds.
    Good chance I will buy the pack.

RedpandaRedpanda BerlinPosts: 21

I just bought the presets yesterday - and have to say - this is by far the best use of the internal synth engine / mod matrix I have heard so far. Totally worth it! Absolutely stunning work. But I have to admit that I have a weak spot for BoC/WARP/Autechre & SAW kinda sounds ...
    Kudos sir, you really showed me what the Deluge synth engines are capable of .

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326

Ist there a way to buy without paypal? Like .. oldschool ;) I don't have paypal.

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin

Really very beautiful sounds.

Thank you! :)

Kudos sir, you really showed me what the Deluge synth engines are capable of .

Thank you so much. I started with the famous "Roygbiv" bass - it turned out that Deluge can sound as SH 101 actually :)

Ist there a way to buy without paypal? Like .. oldschool

When you click the paypal link you will see additional function below the paypal login - "pay by card" :)

olloollo switzerlandPosts: 4

I bought the presets....
    Never recieved the zip or link..
    And i get no response....
    Would not recomend at this time..

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614

@ollo said:
    I bought the presets....

How long ago did you purchase? As I'm aware, the creator does it all manually, so there will be some delay always but if anything more than 24 hours then there must be some sort of problem

edited January 2020

@ollo said:
    I bought the presets....

Hi Ollo! I'm the creator of this Sound Bank. This is very strange! Everyone get the ziped files. Did you check your spam folder?

Please send me an email at contact@synth-patches.com with your transaction ID. I will check it and send the file once again!

You can also find me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/krzysiek.steplowski, just send me a private message. We will fix the problem.

Regards,
    Chris

Post edited by jman81 on
    pfrfpfrf ca, u.s.a.Posts: 165

I bought this bank of patches and I am so impressed. They are fantastic. Thank you!

olloollo switzerlandPosts: 4

@ollo said:
    I bought the presets....

problem got solved....
    recieved the zip file

AnomeAnome CanadaPosts: 2

NOOB question here: So I put the SD Card into my computer and then do I simply add them under the SYNTH folder? Do I delete the Deluge Factory Presets or can I keep them and add these in the same folder?

Hi! Yes, all you need is to copy the files into SYNTH folder on your SD Card. You can leave the factory presets :)

BTW, I'm creating now the second part of the Boards of Deluge Soundbank. Premiere in the middle of February.

Regards,
    Chris.

pfrfpfrf ca, u.s.a.Posts: 165

I look forward to it!

@jman81 I've already used some of these sounds. It's wonderful what an accessible pack you made :)

Thank you! The second part is almost ready. I just need to polish some sounds :)

SofferSoffer IsraelPosts: 5

Great 3 packs! Wow. Thanks for doing this!