Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Play-on-input and Realtime Transposition

Two features I'm really missing currently:

1) The ability to set the song to begin playing (and recording) when I press a note. As it is, if I want to start recording something at the start of the track, I need to wait for it to loop once, since I'm not coordinated enough to hit play and the note at the same time!
2) Realtime transpose! I'd love to have the ability to press LEARN + SCALE to have all the scaled parts of my song change their transposition to the input from a MIDI channel.

Comments

harrykaufmanharrykaufman AmsterdamPosts: 14

Yes, +1 for number 2! LEARN + SCALE would be great

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

@FancyKiddo said:
    Two features I'm really missing currently:

1) The ability to set the song to begin playing (and recording) when I press a note. As it is, if I want to start recording something at the start of the track, I need to wait for it to loop once, since I'm not coordinated enough to hit play and the note at the same time!

In 3.0 they added Count-In Recording (settings menu)?

2) Realtime transpose! I'd love to have the ability to press LEARN + SCALE to have all the scaled parts of my song change their transposition to the input from a MIDI channel.

why not, always in for more midi learns.
    workaround idea: one midi control can target as many Deluge params as you want. you could try to midi learn the master transpose param (in semitones) of each part to the same midi controls. with a flexible midi controller you could make some buttons send exact values for transpose (like +3, +12, ..). of course this only works if all parts have transpose=0 as you can't send relative values.

harrykaufmanharrykaufman AmsterdamPosts: 14

From the just announced Arturia Keystep Pro you can see how powerful real time transposition is :-)