Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

What do you pair with the Deluge?

Hi All,

Just recently got my Deluge and I really like it. I'm not overly impressed with reverb/delay effects though. Wondering if anyone feels the same and what pedals do you use? My budget is about £150 but don't mind buying second hand.

Also,looking for a sub £500 hardware synth that can do a wide range of sounds to complement the onboard sounds. Thinking maybe second hand minilogue xd,deepmind 12d or minibrute 2s.

Any one got any thoughts/experience/suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Comments

manateemilitiamanateemilitia Austin, TXPosts: 69

I usually hate this kind of suggestion but an ipad and a bluetooth midi adapter for the deluge creates a very powerful and portable setup (plus you can record and process the deluge with effects on the ipad, depending on your audio setup).

Dante4Dante4 UkPosts: 15

Interesting,didn't even consider it (TBH I've never heard of a Bluetooth midi adaptor before! ) What apps do you recommend?

LATROLATRO United KingdomPosts: 3

I'm paired with a MiniBrute 2S, RackBrute 6u (2 modules and counting), Yamaha Reface DX with DTronics DT-RDX, OP-1, Several Pocket Operators, Volca Modular, Minilogue XD (arriving today) and a new iPad (end of the month, I think) to run Gadget 2... things chop and change, but this is holding my interest, currently...

MoonWolfMoonWolf United KingdomPosts: 50

Access Virus Ti. The perfect companion, imho.

PuppeteerPuppeteer Perth, West OzBeta Tester Posts: 52

For effects, a Kurzweil KSP8, and some nice preamps.

Synths that are controlled from my Deluge: TR909, Alesis DM Pro, Roland Jupiter 8, King Korg, Kurzweil Forte, TB03 (sync only), Korg MS2000, Korg Prophecy, Korg EMX1 (sync only)

mrrafsmrrafs ukPosts: 63

had midi pads and an ipad, but all the wires and instability and set up in AUM.... I am now considering an mpc live: my needs I would get from a MPClive

finger drumming with velocity pads 

multi-sample/velocity kits

more swing humanisation options

better fx, and mix (deluge goes into live)

auto multi-sample synth recording (to use in the deluge)

metronome only through headphones 

Maybe look into the Mod Duo X? Does FX and synths and has knobs and buttons.

therockfrogtherockfrog Seattle, WAPosts: 4

I use a Roland MC-707 for all the different sounds. Midi out to 707 and have 8 tracks to play with. Small footprints...dont need much else.

EddyEddy Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 292

@therockfrog said:
    I use a Roland MC-707 for all the different sounds. Midi out to 707 and have 8 tracks to play with. Small footprints...dont need much else.

I thought the 707 is a competitor to the Deluge not a companion....at the moment I think the 707 is even more musical then the technical Deluge - but I stay with my Deluge <3

NRuckNRuck UKBeta Tester Posts: 80

@Dante4 said:
    Hi All,

Just recently got my Deluge and I really like it. I'm not overly impressed with reverb/delay effects though. Wondering if anyone feels the same and what pedals do you use? My budget is about £150 but don't mind buying second hand.

Also,looking for a sub £500 hardware synth that can do a wide range of sounds to complement the onboard sounds. Thinking maybe second hand minilogue xd,deepmind 12d or minibrute 2s.

Any one got any thoughts/experience/suggestions?
    Thanks in advance

FX wise, it's a lot more pricey than your £150 budget but just picked up an Empress Zoia and it is pretty incredible. Steep learning curve if you are creating your own patches but extremely powerful, sounds excellent AND can produce some pretty incredible synth patches, plus lots of user created patches available via patchstorage.com. I also recently got a Minilogue XD module and the sounds are really beautiful with great onboard FX. Seen new Minilogue XD's going for £500

Dante4Dante4 UkPosts: 15

Thanks to everyone for their comments/suggestions - I ended up picking up a Minilogue XD for £400 so very happy now! Still on the look out for a decent reverb/delay..
    Cheers

SoundwreckerSoundwrecker Colorado, USAPosts: 13

I use my deluge along with digitone, Boog D, Peak and Tempest. Soon an ASM Hydrasynth Desktop will be joining the family.