Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

how to get sounds like Roland boutique SE-02 out of Deluge?

Can someone guide me on how to get sounds like Roland boutique SE-02 out of Deluge? Is it possible?

thanks,

Comments

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

if you want to use the VA synth, u could look in the patches section of this forum for inspiration. the SE-02 is a dedicated analog synth, the Deluge has a virtual analogue synth, for sounds like punchy basses the SE-02 is far ahead.
    possible? well, if you want exactly a SE-02 sound you could look for multisamples or sample yourself.

pfrfpfrf ca, u.s.a.Posts: 165

I keep meaning to sample the oscillators of my SE Boomstar. That would get you in the ballpark. I’ll post back here when I finish that project.

Nice thanks

edited January 2020

It took me a while to get around to it, I've finally sampled a saw from my Boomstar. What I found out is that any notes above G3 have serious aliasing when played back in the Deluge. So the multisample is only good for bass. I didn't have this issue with any other multisamples I've made (pianos), I don't know what's different. Anyway, it sounds great as a bass, one saw from the Boomstar 4075. Just don't play a note above G3. I'll see about adding it to the multisample forum, or respond to this post if you want it.

Edit- I was able to get rid of the aliasing by looping only a single cycle of the waveform. Hmmm... that kind of limits the types of multisamples I can create, no mixed waves. Well, the single saw sounds good, I think I'll do the square wave next.

Post edited by pfrf on
    IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@pfrf said:
    It took me a while to get around to it, I've finally sampled a saw from my Boomstar. What I found out is that any notes above G3 have serious aliasing when played back in the Deluge. So the multisample is only good for bass. I didn't have this issue with any other multisamples I've made (pianos), I don't know what's different. Anyway, it sounds great as a bass, one saw from the Boomstar 4075. Just don't play a note above G3. I'll see about adding it to the multisample forum, or respond to this post if you want it.

Edit- I was able to get rid of the aliasing by looping only a single cycle of the waveform. Hmmm... that kind of limits the types of multisamples I can create, no mixed waves. Well, the single saw sounds good, I think I'll do the square wave next.

To be clear, using just one saw wave sample, regardless of its length, isn't actually multisampling. Its just using one sample in the synth engine. Multisampling is using multiple samples for several or all of the notes of an instrument, spreading them out across te keyboard, which is in fact to avoid such issues as the ones you're describing :)
    Third-party tools such as for example Sample robot or Tom Cosm's External resampler can automatically sample instruments via midi in such a way easily, otherwise it takes a bit of work to multisample one's instruments and do all the editing, chopping, naming and exporting etc.

The way to load a multisample folder on the Deluge would be to hold the Select knob when selecting a folder of samples with one set of notes, so the screen says MULTi, then select that.

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

edited February 2020

Of course I know what multisamples are. I've made Precision bass, acoustic guitar, and female background vocal libraries for Kontakt.

For my Deluge multisamples, in order to save some space and because these sounds are not intended to be used in finished tracks, I sampled C D# F# and A in each octave. Unless I use only a single cycle of each waveform I got aliasing on ALL samples above G3, not just those needing to be repitched.

I suspect the auto-pitch detecting algorithm is in error and any adjustments I make to the layout of the files causes the sounds to be repitched when they should be left alone. I never had this issue before v3.0.

Is there a way to completely eliminate the auto-pitch detection when importing multisamples?

Post edited by pfrf on
    HotelsinusHotelsinus HungaryPosts: 30
    edited April 2020

u cant. deluge oscillators are dull and its close to the usless (SORRY this is a big big dissapoint to me too) there are no sub oscillators and i dont understand why.. the basic sinewave is more the useless for subs and deep simple bass... no energy no volume at all... simple deluge 1 osc is lower then -50dB ... i think this is the most important to fix it... all the synth osc is too low volume! also with the BASS boost is full its only -43dB ?D:::::::::::::????????????? pelase fix this terrible synth engine problems

Post edited by Hotelsinus on