Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

shift+modulation source shows modulated parameters(pads blink)

ELEVENELEVEN Zagreb, CroatiaPosts: 60

Currently, when you use a shortcut for a sound parameter(or select it in the menu), the grid shows you which sources are modulating it(the source pad blinks).
It would be fantastic if it worked the other way around - you shift-press a modulation source's pad and any parameters that are being modulated by it start blinking. It would be much easier to find out which modulations are active, given that there are only eight sources - and many, many sound parameters. I believe that this would be most helpful

Also it doesn't seem it would be cpu-intensive or difficult to implement..I'm not a programmer though 🙂

Comments

manateemilitiamanateemilitia Austin, TXPosts: 69

I would love this feature.

PuppeteerPuppeteer Perth, West OzBeta Tester Posts: 52

The destinations would need to blink in another colour though, as you can modulate a source with another source, which blinks in white already.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

nice idea. there should a better way to quickly locate all recorded automation in a clip. and step edit http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/899/step-automation-view-automation-drawing-track-long-envelope-drawing#latest
    also, please more editable params. there are:

• Synth, Kit row params (accessible via pad shortcut or Select knob)
    • Song affect-entire effect params (automate Stutter in step edit mode!)
    • Kit affect-entire effect params
      The last two can be recorded in realtime but dont have any edit mode.
      The pad shortcuts could work for the last two as well but i dont see Synthstrom releasing a new overlay soon.
    iFreilichtiFreilicht GermanyPosts: 39

YES! This makes total sense in the way the grid functions are set up. Right now SHIFT + Modsource does nothing, which was not what I expected when I tried it the first time.

This would be super useful in understanding patches better, as there is way fewer sources to go through while analysing than destinations.

Topo_ChrisGTopo_ChrisG San FranciscoPosts: 11

+1! I was thinking the exact same thing. Right now it's pretty hard to dig into someone else's patch and figure out what's going on. I'd love to quickly be able to find out "Hmm what is LFO1 modulating?".

thanx for your comments and interest guys 😊

it would also be helpful in understanding your own patches, i've had these things happen to me more than once.
    also very useful for learning new "tricks"

bump

please vote for this nice feature suggestion if you like, thank you!

EddyEddy Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 292

this would be a nice way of understanding patches!

rudolphrapidrudolphrapid Beta Tester Posts: 129

+1
    I also miss this feature.

CreativeLemmingCreativeLemming London, UKPosts: 4

+1

hexagon5unhexagon5un MunichBeta Tester Posts: 121

Should be doable. Makes sense. +1.