Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

OFFTime for MIDI Notes

xybrexybre Chicago, USAPosts: 15
edited November 2019 in Deluge Software Suggestions

Same functionality as CV Gate OFFTime, but for MIDI clips.

This would insert a tiny (millisecond or so) gap between a note off message and an immediately consecutive note on message in the sequencer. This would be good as a global setting I think, but anyone who thinks this needs to be a per-clip/track setting can comment below.

This is to support MIDI-to-CV/Gate converters in particular so they can retrigger the gate for envelopes as well as some MIDI hardware that has issues with notes being too close together.

The CV/Gate section in the global settings menu for reference:
CV Gate OFFTime

Post edited by xybre on

Comments

LjkLjk Austin Tx USAPosts: 98

+1 this should be a function for every sort of track. Either for shifting things un quantized closer, further from time. Or for addressing phasing. Essentially A micro nudge.

Being able to nudge a full track could be useful, but this is specifically for changing the timing of note-off without changing the timing of note-on, and only for a difference of a tiny amount.

ROGAVKAROGAVKA BerlinPosts: 9

Having a lot of issues with gates not retriggering when put in neighbour cells, will appreciate this feature!

Yep that's exactly what I was experiencing.

Interesting thing to note is that when I use the Per|Former as my MIDI->CV converter it does retrigger gates. The FH-2 doesn't, for the same sequence. It still means that by necessity, the new gate will be delayed slightly, but it at least makes programming sequences more ergonomic.