Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Audio Through Exhibitions

Now that we have 3.0.2., are there examples of folks utilizing "Audio Through" to good effect? Can you gate / sequence the signal, and put effects on it and such? (I use to do this on my Korg Electribe, and it was a blast). Looking for inspiration. Any links would be appreciated...

Comments

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

dont know what you mean? in terms of applying effects on the input signal this was possible before 3.0. it just got a bit easier to set up and use with Audio tracks in 3.0. actually using the old way in Kit mode gives 2 effect chains (kit row effect chain and affect-entire kit effect chain), so for applying effects this is still the most powerful way.

BobbiPeruBobbiPeru Oakland, CAPosts: 22

Audio through is a new feature according to specs, and I am asking if you can gate it and if anybody has good examples of that. Thanks.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

Ah got what u mean. Dont have a good example for using Deluge as a effect device, sorry. Hope somebody else jumps in to help.

manateemilitiamanateemilitia Austin, TXPosts: 69
    edited November 2019

I'm pretty sure you can sequence an incoming live signal and it'll pitch shift it, as far as gating... You could probably get a gate effect with aggressive parameter locking/recording on the clip volume (or via some other volume modulation).

Post edited by manateemilitia on
    gekkoniergekkonier ÖsterreichPosts: 6

Hello!
    I'm fresh here, this is my first post. I hope to find tips and tricks here, and have a good time!

@BobbiPeru said:
    Can you gate / sequence the signal, and put effects on it and such?

Have you tried to make a new synth and set it's osc1 type to "line in"?
    It enables you to play line in like a synth and do funny things with it. I don't know if you need "audio through". Maybe? I can't tell, I'm fresh with the deluge.

I made a small simple experiment yesterday, I'm learning the deluge and had some fun already, with a bastl kastle synth that I used in such a way: https://metapop.com/gekkonier/tracks/wiener-modemkastl/113467

edited November 2019

it even works in multiple tracks, polyphonic if you want that.

Post edited by gekkonier on

Heyyy, I dig that track! Thanks for being the first to explain & demo this operation.
    I was able to get my line in through the new synth / osc 1.... I got the signal running in a sequence, but it was quite distorted. Wondering how to get a clean signal. The manual is very vague on this topic.

Hi!
    Perhaps you need to lower the osc1 volume and/or go not so hot into line in.
    Next is, if you are to far away with the note (you go with a c3 into it, and want to play c5 with it par example) you will get not so good quality. Better tune you line in signal to about that what you want to hear in the end.

That's interesting. Yeah, I'm going in with a Moog Theremini, so the notes are going to be all over the place. Would love to get a clean unmodified line-in signal.

Hi BobbiPeru
    If you feed line in into the osc, it will transpose only if you set notes other than (i guess) c3. if you don't change that correct note (you can find out which one that is) you can feed into line in whatever you want.
    if you now set your envelope to 0 attack, decay, release, with max sustain you should get what you feed into it - if you make a drone note (whole bar long note at that c3).

edited December 2019

Maybe this helps (relevant info starting at 4:05):
    (and yes, the correct node to monitor untransposed is c3)

Post edited by gekkonier on