Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Cpu meter or overload warning

HorstmaistaHorstmaista Los AngelesBeta Tester Posts: 56

It would be great to be able to check visually if the CPU is getting overloaded. The deluge does a great job of switching off less important things first. That also makes it hard to realize when things start to disappear. So either having a warning somewhere, or using one of the LEDs blinking or allowing a button combination to show the current CPU load on for example the audition pads would be great!

Tagged:

Comments

funktreefunktree NYPosts: 128
    edited June 2017

Yes, the power LED should turn to red if the CPU/DSP has issue to render sounds or other resource related issues.

Post edited by funktree on

Sorry man. I scrolled through the headlines, did a search for cpu, overload and after your reply also LED and red but still couldn't find it. Would you mind giving me your specific thread link so I can upvote it?

funktreefunktree NYPosts: 128

Hosrstmaista, I’m sorry you’re right, I wrote it to one of my emails to Ian.....my apologies

Hey funktree... Wanna edit your first post so people don't think it's a repost and we get some votes. Sounds as if we're both after the same.
    bat_cancerbat_cancer Baltimore Posts: 14
    I like the idea
    j3threejayj3threejay USAPosts: 34

..Or a button configuration you could press to see what percentage of the CPU/ DSP your are currently using

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

bump.
    i get note drops and audio cuts in complex songs with ~15+ instruments easily. there are ways to save cpu like bouncing down audio or deleting but i d really crave for this feature since it can be hard to hear. also there are some strange things that happen only in cpu overload conditions as it seems („infamous long sample cut“ or stuff like freezes, midi sync issues).
    i understand cpu is not the only ressource, computers can get slow and cpu is still fine. would already help me a lot if Deluge tells me about skipped notes.

„infamous long sample cut“: refers to other threads that report getting long samples cut off randomly. high load conditions affect this a lot. there is the note priority setting with high, medium and low priority and i do use them. i would much prefer to avoid exceeding the limits and would not have to worry about missing or cut off notes.

AndrevonAndrevon FrancePosts: 8
    edited November 2019

Bump 2.
    After 3 months of use, I have more and more the feeling that I'm fighting against the machine rather than taking pleasure.
    Each time I'm close to finish a track, I have to deal with notes cut, weird timing of samples, freezes and so on...
    The last one is only 7 parts (1 kit and samples parts) but if I want to enjoy probabilities, randomness, lfos and fx, It becomes impossible for the Deluge to deal with that, even on few tracks...
    I try every possible things to reduce the CPU work, like reducing voices, sampling entire tracks etc.
    Quite frustrating...

Post edited by Andrevon on