Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge firmware V3.0.2 released

rohanrohan Staff Posts: 590

Deluge firmware V3.0.2 is now released, containing a few bugfixes.

Download it here.

Fixes include:
* Fixed rare crash when saving a song after deleting, changing or adding sounds within a kit
* Fixed visual bug in rendering of waveforms in arranger view
* Fixed rare problem where pads could appear random colours in song view with many audio clips
* Fixed - when creating a MIDI item within a kit, or other similar scenarios, the gold knobs and their LEDs would not become active immediately

Installation
To install the update, place the .bin file onto your SD card, ensure there are no other .bin files on there, put the card back into your Deluge, and then hold down the shift button while powering on. A spinning animation will display, and the firmware will be permanently installed.

Please take this opportunity to back up the data from your SD card while it's in your computer. Any storage technology can fail, and we want your art to be safe regardless.

Comments

pfrfpfrf ca, u.s.a.Posts: 165

Thank you, Rohan! Very much appreciated.

Topper_HarleyTopper_Harley United KingdomPosts: 4

thanks Rohan,
    is it now possible to plug directly into a laptop with just the usb ?

thanks in advance
    George

llexamllexam USABeta Tester Posts: 73

Thanks for the update!
    I had the "rare crash when saving a song after deleting, changing or adding sounds within a kit" bug a few days ago, it was heartbreaking.

030030 SO36Posts: 16

Thank you Rohan.
    The pace of upgrades is incredible.

supchikovsupchikov Beta Tester Posts: 19

Thank you!

BrawnyBrawny UKBeta Tester Posts: 18

Thanks! I'm grateful to have not experienced that particular crash (although I've had one or two, but save very regularly).

miaouxmiaouxmiaouxmiaoux ScotlandBeta Tester Posts: 68

Thanks!

This is my first firmware update and I'm having a bit of trouble with it. The Deluge displays UPDA then FILE when I try to update. The .bin is definitely on the SD card. Any tips?

PuppeteerPuppeteer Perth, West OzBeta Tester Posts: 52

Make sure the .bin is at root level on the card (ie not in any folder), that it is unzipped and that there aren't any other .bin files in the root level.

Thanks! I did all those things and it still didn't work. For some reason deleting it and re-adding it seemed to work and it's updated fine now.

raybunraybun GermanyPosts: 7

Thanks for the bugfixes! You might want to add it to https://synthstrom.com/category/news/ as well @rohan :)

ListenListen LondonPosts: 3

I'm used to the older firmware and want to try the 3.0.2 .

If I have two separate SD cards (each having the different stages of firmware), would that affect anything in a detrimental way... is it even possible ?

MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 247

@Listen
    It’s absolutely possible.
    Just remember have v2.x on one card and v3.x on the other and remember to install the firmware beforehand.

croux610croux610 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 2

After installing 3.0.2 firmware upgrade does the upgrade .bin file need to stay on the SD card or can it then be removed.

Thanks,
    C

p_watsp_wats TorontoPosts: 111

@croux610 said:
    After installing 3.0.2 firmware upgrade does the upgrade .bin file need to stay on the SD card or can it then be removed.

Thanks,
    C

Once the upgrade is complete you don't need the bin file on the card anymore.

croux610croux610 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 2

Thanks!

jpakaercjpakaerc FrancePosts: 14

Thanks for the update!