Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Recording is bugged?

panukettupanukettu HelsinkiPosts: 6
edited November 2019 in Deluge Help
  1. Create a new project
  2. Add kit track with some drums
  3. Add audio track with correct input
  4. Hit record and play

It's not recording to the audio track. (and only playing a single count in instead of 4)

Post edited by panukettu on

Comments

p_watsp_wats TorontoPosts: 111

This has come up on the Facebook group and I'll paste the best response here, as I've encountered what you're mentioning, but not in the way that I thought it was a bug. Here's Fuba Libre explaining the solution:

What you're doing is, you're creating an overdub of the Drum KIT track. What you WANT to do is this:

• create Audio clip (you did this already)
    • while the Deluge is playing and you hear the drum sounds, make sure the audio clip is muted (mute pad is red).
    • push REC (just once, don't hold it). Push the mute pad of your audio clip once, it should now be blinking and is armed for recording.
    • next time that KIT pattern comes to an end, your audio record starts.
      What you're doing at the moment is creating an overdub of that KIT track (command being: hold Rec and push any button of the row below whatever clip you want to overdub). This is why your drum sounds are instantly muted - because that's what you would want in an overdub situation -, and this is also why there is nothing recorded, because you're creating a KIT clip and not an AUDIO clip.
      It's confusing, I know, but you'll get there, I'm sure. Don't hesitate to ask if there are any more questions

Okay so that is how I got it working a couple of times but didn't have a clue why.

It's just that I am not trying to press any clip below the audio clip.

So it seems it's not possible to just insert an audio track to the top row with nothing above it. press record and play to record a simple clip of audio to the audio clip?

In the manual it says empty audio tracks are armed to record but nothing happens when I try to record to an empty clip in an existing project. Recording to a audio clip (no overdub) only seems to works when I'm on a empty project with nothing in it.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017
    edited November 2019

If you want to record to the audio clip while the drums are playing (I'm assuming there is a drum sequence in the kit clip), from start when you press play -
    make sure both clips are already unmuted (green) before pressing play. There's no need to press record and play simultaneously, just activate record mode first and then press play. As soon as you do so, it'll record to the audio clip if everything is set up correctly.
    I'm guessing you have count-in activated in the settings menu, yes?

Post edited by Icoustik on

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

@Icoustik said:
    If you want to record to the audio clip while the drums are playing (I'm assuming there is a drum sequence in the kit clip), from start when you press play -
    make sure both clips are already unmuted (green) before pressing play. There's no need to press record and play simultaneously, just activate record mode first and then press play. As soon as you do so, it'll record to the audio clip if everything is set up correctly.
    I'm guessing you have count-in activated in the settings menu, yes?

They are green.
    Yeah my first message did not make it clear but I am first toggling record on and then pressing play.

It only does a single count in tick and starts playing (not recording. white playhead), I have tried every single arming status for the audio track.

Also worth mentioning is that the count-in number on the screen just freezes at 4 and it seems I cannot change parameters during this "recording" which is not recording anything.