Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Use MUTE/AUDITION pads as "Finder" for loading Samples, Presets and Songs

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078
edited November 2019 in Deluge Software Suggestions

Post edited by amiga909 on

Comments

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326

Beautiful idea, but im not really sure, if I got it correct. Maybe I describe what I think upon this idea
    Sort order of a directory should always be directory first and then the files so it would look like
    Directory
    Directory
    file
    file
    file

Pad -Section
    * Green column : Loads the Sample
    * White pads: shows the size/length of the samples
    * Red column: deletes/remove sample from sdcard

Mute Column
    * Indicates directory (orange)
    * Plays sample (lightblue) / long press : loads sample (as well as the Select knob is doing)

Audition Pad
    * Scrollbar - indicates how big the directory is and at which position you are

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin

Hi OnoSedai, very cool

• using the Audition column as Scrollbar is a cool idea, I like that
    • cool idea to audition and load samples via the Load Button
    • concur, Directories sorted first would be good

Pad Section:
    Have you tried the 2.1 beta? Now the 8x16 pads are occupied by the wave editor. In general I like the idea, if I could wish I'd use the 8x16 pads to display 8 characters of the file name (8 ASCII chars with a 3x4 pixel font)
    I like having commands for deleting stuff, also pressing short for audition and long for loading is cool. Delete could be done in the Mute column by pressing SHIFT+Save + Mute Pad.

updated the sketch with new ideas

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326
    edited December 2018

Have you tried the 2.1 beta?

I'm not on facebook, so I can't contribute the beta program :( I would love to and I hope they will bring the beta program to the forum only. It would vastly enrich the forum as well and don't divide the community
    http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/1641/on-providing-support-and-forums-through-facebook

Now the 8x16 pads are occupied by the wave editor. In general I like the idea, if I could wish I'd use > the 8x16 pads to display 8 characters of the file name (8 ASCII chars with a 3x4 pixel font)

That would be REALLY NICE!

I like having commands for deleting stuff, also pressing short for audition and long for loading is
    cool. Delete could be done in the Mute column by pressing SHIFT+Save + Mute Pad.

Deleting Songs, Samples, Kits is something i really miss.

Post edited by OdoSendaidokai on

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin

SpiderLabSpiderLab Byron BayPosts: 18

Deleting Songs, Samples, Kits is something i really miss.

Is this why I'm going crazy trying to delete dud Songs, Samples and Kits? Is it possible?

edited November 2019

Post edited by amiga909 on