Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Other keyboard modes

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

I don’t really like the way the keyboard mode is laid out, and rarely ever use it, sure I get that the isomorphic might be useful to guitar players, but I find it somewhat annoying to use not being or having any interest in guitars or chord shapes being uniform.

I don’t like that non scale notes can be played either, for a ham fisted neanderthal like me I just want only in scale notes to be active while I clumsily mash the grid with my man paws.

It would be great if the keyboard mode could be custom mapped, and also have a few other modes.

Comments

Like a velocity mode, where each row has the same notes mapped across, but higher rows = higher velocity, you could use the scroll up down to change base note/octave.

Maybe a chord memory mode, where each pad in a row has a chord and different rows change the inversion.

Maybe a multi mode where each pad/row could be mapped to a different part.

Strum and repeat modes where notes/chord/drum/samples are horizontal, rate of strum/repeat vertical.