Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Quantize amount and post-record quantize

JscottkJscottk SeattlePosts: 51

I often want to retain the organic qualities of MIDI parts that I record into the Deluge, but I sometimes want a little bit of quantization on a part that I've recorded.

My understanding is that the only way for me to apply quantization to a recorded MIDI part is to manually zoom in on the notes that are "wrong" and fix them note by note, which becomes really tedious. I can quantize parts as I record, but can't quantize anything I've already recorded or control the amount by which MIDI input is quantized.

I like how Elektron boxes and Ableton Live allow me to apply quantization to existing clips on the fly and how they allow for quantization to be applied in small amounts, so I can for example dial in 1/16 note triplet quantization at 25% and get a nice groove that is close to being on grid but retains the human quality of the performance. I'd love to see similar functionality available in the Deluge. Triplet quantization would also be extremely helpful.

Post edited by Jscottk on

Comments

omgfoadomgfoad StockholmPosts: 8

+1 for this!

MaxOSMaxOS Los AngelesPosts: 50

+1 definitely

FlipSosFlipSos BerlinPosts: 8

Sounds wonderful indeed!

laikrodizlaikrodiz Beta Tester Posts: 28

+1, quantization is a creative tool. Currently it’s buried deep in the menus and isn’t used as it should be.

EddyEddy Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 292

+1 quantization on existing material and midi

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326

+1

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin

The opposite version of this feature would be useful as well. Humanizing entered MIDI notes by allowing to shift single notes by small amounts (like 1/192 or less).

SiccaViccASiccaViccA OsakaPosts: 68

@Klaustrophil said:
    The opposite version of this feature would be useful as well. Humanizing entered MIDI notes by allowing to shift single notes by small amounts (like 1/192 or less).

i love this idea ,,
    +1

karousinkarousin GermanyPosts: 3

+1 for post-record quantization... i loved this feature on my other grooveboxes and can't quite live without it... i find myself manually correcting notes on the deluge a lot :-(

SingleGrindSingleGrind Boston, MAPosts: 3

Yes! Maschine has a 50% quantize function which I found myself using a lot. Sometimes hit it once, but you can hit it a couple times if some notes were really off. Definitely something I've missed dearly using the Deluge

MPrinsenMPrinsen NetherlandsPosts: 157

+1

I also made a topic about this, didn't know this one was already there.

But I'd also love a post-recording quantize function. As well as a "quantize start times only" and non-destructive quantizing (keep the original recording, just playback is quantized)

So that would give you these options summarized:

• Input quantization
    • Input quantization - start times only
    • Quantize current clip (post-recording)
    • Quantize current clip - start times only
    • Non destructive quantization on/off (setting)
    AdamLAdamL FrancePosts: 2
    edited March 2021

Yep, I found myself in dire need for this function today, so this gets my upvote 🙂

Post edited by AdamL on
    percussijanpercussijan GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 50

+1 this would be VERY nice

FnordFnord CanadaBeta Tester Posts: 21

+1, just recently got a Syntakt and really like how I can dial in the quantization amount post recording.

astralpirateastralpirate United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 10

Have you seen the work that @Alter has been doing? It is really impressive, they've already included the post-recording quantize and a lot more (master compressor??) check out the firmwares on github:

https://github.com/alter-alter/DelugeFirmware/releases