Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

MOTION SEQUENCE "STUTTER" EFFECT

2»

Comments

IgorIgor RussiaPosts: 4

+1

VJFranzKVJFranzK Los Angeles USABeta Tester Posts: 129

What I meant above was that the stutter could lock to 1/4, 1/6, 1/8, 1/12 so that the sounds would stay relatively on beat while the adjustment is made

Music, Visuals, Reviews of Synths, Drum Machines, Apps
    YouTube: VJFranzK

hangnefhangnef USAPosts: 2

Yes please!

JonHJonH United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 13

+1 Bumping this one - have had so much fun on RC505 "Beat Repeat" or Beatstep Pro "Roller/Looper". Would be great to have something similar on Deluge.

SnutoSnuto GermanyPosts: 4

@JonH said:
    +1 Bumping this one - have had so much fun on RC505 "Beat Repeat" or Beatstep Pro "Roller/Looper". Would be great to have something similar on Deluge.

Totally Agree. Yes thats the only thing I miss so much since I left the Beatstep.

austingreenaustingreen United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 7

I would very much like a latch for the stutter effect. like press the other gold knob down while holding stutter to latch/unlatch it. it replicates a lot of my favorite bent boss ps-2 delay's tricks which is sadly broken at the moment..

VJFranzKVJFranzK Los Angeles USABeta Tester Posts: 129

Right! the 505 implementation is very good, and it "stays on beat"!
    Going off beat can be interesting too, but it's much more useful On Time

Also note the new "Scatter" modes on the MC 707 for another fine example,
    It also exists on the Electribe 2 as "Looper"
    and Arturia Spark as ... some other name

@JonH said:

Music, Visuals, Reviews of Synths, Drum Machines, Apps
    YouTube: VJFranzK

72versions72versions Auckland NZBeta Tester Posts: 39

Bump

DubzloDubzlo LondonPosts: 1

Please implement this feature Synthstrom some of the sound design you could achieve would be crazy!!!

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

for me, one of the top 3 Deluge “sins” for sure 👹
    please implement beat synced rates and automation for Stutter

sakemanosakemano CanadaBeta Tester Posts: 6

+1 and make it midi controllable - I can imagine tons of cool ways to make this effect amazing with some external control/sequencing

EddyEddy Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 292
    edited November 2019

at this point it comes together with some wishes for the ARP: Remember you can have a synced STUTTER if you put the ARP to only one note (0 octaves)
    Have a try and then keep on reading here:
    http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/2501/deleting-non-gold-knob-parameter-automation#latest

Post edited by Eddy on
    sarmismsarmism ManchesterPosts: 11

Absolutely I'd love the stutter effect to be parameter lockable!

ROGAVKAROGAVKA BerlinPosts: 9

+1 for beat sync on stutter (and external control midi cc)

AndrewChiAndrewChi BelgiumPosts: 12

And please also a DRY/WET option for the stutter!!! Would be awesome :-)

recursorrecursor UKPosts: 33

would this topic equate to the same sort of thing that roland are doing with thier 'scatter' effect?

rczrcz NYBeta Tester Posts: 111

@recursor said:
    would this topic equate to the same sort of thing that roland are doing with thier 'scatter' effect?

Stutter is an audio resample effect. Scatter is a midi/cv effect as far as i know.

Would love to have the option to have a midi stutter on the deluge.

Would also love to be able to pipe patterns from the pads into the stutter effect whether its midi or audio. Should be able to control playback speed in the pattern too.

recursorrecursor UKPosts: 33

@rcz said:

@recursor said:

Stutter is an audio resample effect. Scatter is a midi/cv effect as far as i know.

Would love to have the option to have a midi stutter on the deluge.

Would also love to be able to pipe patterns from the pads into the stutter effect whether its midi or audio. Should be able to control playback speed in the pattern too.

Got ya, thanks for clarifying. Some nice ideas there... fingers crossed!

janbertjanbert VancouverPosts: 35

Just checking, Seems like this post is a year old. Are there any news about it? I just tried to record the stutter automation but it still doesn't work, is that correct?

If this feature is still missing then definitely +1. :)