Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Allow MIDI Learn to recognize CC values (not just Note) for commands like mute, pattern play

Currently the Deluge does an excellent job of mapping certain functions to an external MIDI controller like a Keystep. Using that I'm easily able to trigger patterns on and off and mute parts of a drum kit. This works because these functions recognize MIDI notes. What unfortunately does not work is mapping the same controls to MIDI CC input.

I've since discovered that most existing MIDI foot controllers only send CC values rather than notes, and the one I have doesn't allow you to send note values at all. This is huge bummer since I was hoping to use that to trigger patterns while I play guitar and stuff.

I know you're coming out with a foot controller soon but there is still a sizeable market of controllers out there now that could use this support!

Comments

recursorrecursor UKPosts: 33

hi there. i think i've just fallen into this. i bought a used Line 6 FBV MKII footcontroller. it's got a bunch of midi parameters (MIDI CC / BANK / PROGRAM / MMC / MACKIE) the latter two offer PLAY / STOP / RECORD etc but having just spent an hour or so with the software trying every combination i can't get the Deluge to recognise the output.

it's connected fine, 'MIDI' appears on the deluge when it's connected along with the DC power. frustrating, i hadn't realised that it appears to accept notes only!!

be interested to know if you found a way around it with any other pedal.

Line 6 pedal manual here if it's of interest to anyone reading...

https://line6.com/data/6/0a060b316ac34f0593cc41922/application/pdf/FBV MkII Series Controller Advanced User Guide - English (%20Rev%20B%20).pdf

acidduckacidduck AustraliaPosts: 2

I too have run into this...

I use my Keystep connected to the Deluge using the USB Host mode (which works great!). However, I then have a foot switch connected to the Keystep - but it only sends CC, and not MIDI Note ON messages - I checked the Keystep software, and it only allows configuring a CC number for the pedal. Argh! I was really hoping this would work, because I like having a minimal setup for this, and having the switch just connect to the Keystep via USB means the Deluge can provide the power with just the one power supply.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

👍