Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Section Grouping in Song view

I like working in song view for a performance.....
However, my drum clips stop when I launch and cycle through the colored Section groups during a performance.
So I duplicate the drum clips and assign them to each Section group color.

To reduce the number of clip rows, would like to be able to unassign (blank audition/section pad color or white?) a particular clip so it is not part of any Section group. This would allow one to manually play an assigned clip (drum, drone or whatever) regardless of what other Sections are being cued and launched. Yes, there is the rule that only one clip per synth or kit preset may play simultaneously.

For me this suggestion might be easier than setting up the "SHAR" function, which I haven't quite worked out yet.

Comments

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

@DiamondEyes said:
    I like working in song view for a performance.....
    However, my drum clips stop when I launch and cycle through the colored Section groups during a performance.
    So I duplicate the drum clips and assign them to each Section group color.

found another way of organizing a song is using the Arranger together with Song mode. prevents me from useless clip duplicates. you can switch between these modes without loosing sync.

To reduce the number of clip rows, would like to be able to unassign (blank audition/section pad color or white?)

you cant

For me this suggestion might be easier than setting up the "SHAR" function, which I haven't quite worked out yet.

never found a use for SHAR, it is about launch behavior not about what clips belong to which section.

DiamondEyesDiamondEyes Maidenhead, UKPosts: 39

@amiga909 said:

To reduce the number of clip rows, would like to be able to unassign (blank audition/section pad color or white?)

you cant

... realize that, which is why raised a suggestion in first place

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

@DiamondEyes said:

@amiga909 said:

you cant

did you get SHAR to work for you?
    i think it is the other way around:
    set all sections to SHAR that should not be "shared". and assign the clips that should play all the time to a section that is not SHAR.
    ur suggestion is a cool idea but i think it raises a lot of problems.. for example how to select a section-less clip in Arranger.

DiamondEyesDiamondEyes Maidenhead, UKPosts: 39

@amiga909 said:
    ur suggestion is a cool idea but i think it raises a lot of problems.. for example how to select a section-less clip in Arranger?

In this case, you can assign the clip back into a section again. You like arranger view I can tell :smiley:

I prefer flexibility of song view where you can free style a bit and switch between drum clips here and there..... anyway will delve deeper into SHAR function. Wish me luck.

pfrfpfrf ca, u.s.a.Posts: 165

@amiga909 said:

@DiamondEyes said:

@amiga909 said:

you cant

did you get SHAR to work for you?
    i think it is the other way around:
    set all sections to SHAR that should not be "shared". and assign the clips that should play all the time to a section that is not SHAR.
    ur suggestion is a cool idea but i think it raises a lot of problems.. for example how to select a section-less clip in Arranger.

Wow, thanks. I have never understood SHAR, reading the manual made me think it would work exactly the opposite way and I think I’m not the only one who was confused. This is what I’ve needed in song view all along.