Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

More FM Algorithms

It'd be really cool to support more algorithms with more flexible operator assignment. (3 mod, 1 carrier or 4 carriers, for instance). I think the Deluge function key layout is great for programming FM patches (about the best you can get without a screen) and I'd probably stop using DX7-based VSTs altogether if the Deluge had better FM (and envelopes for the two modulators... :smile: ).

Comments

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

good point. fm engine improvements would fit well. i tend to miss dedicated hardware when using the subtractive engine, still for a sampler subtractive is very well done. for fm sounds i dont miss hardware, fm is a sweet spot to make sweeter 😋

VincentLVincentL FrancePosts: 9

+1

That would be very nice to get more algorithms and the opportunity to choose between different ratios too.

manateemilitiamanateemilitia Austin, TXPosts: 69

@VincentL said:
    +1

That would be very nice to get more algorithms and the opportunity to choose between different ratios too.

I believe you can change the ratios but it'd be really nice if they were intervals/cents instead of numeric so we could easily keep it musical.

andersschroderandersschroder copenhagenPosts: 8

Agree