Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Randomizer

I would like to see a randomizer feature similar to what is available on the Toraiz Squid where pitch, gate, velocity, and other parameters can be intelligently randomized to create inspiration and new ideas. Somewhat of generative music that follows rules such as key and scale amongst others.

Comments

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326
    amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

also, the step probability features let you program randomness with more control.

mgattengomgattengo United StatesPosts: 4

Thanks for the suggestions.
    I still can't figure out how to have a random pattern (pitch. gate, velocity and cc) be generated within a predefined scale and key. This is purely for inspirational purposes where I get stuck and can't come up with a proper bassline or melody... why not have the AI work for us?

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

@mgattengo said:
    Thanks for the suggestions.
    I still can't figure out how to have a random pattern (pitch. gate, velocity and cc) be generated within a predefined scale and key. This is purely for inspirational purposes where I get stuck and can't come up with a proper bassline or melody... why not have the AI work for us?

if you are looking for "AI supported compositions" you won't get that by now with the Deluge. you might want to pair Deluge with another sequencer for that by now.
    you can do generative patterns with the Deluge but requires more "manual intelligence", for example

• take one synth and a 1 bar screen
    • choose your Scale
    • fill up the entire screen with notes, scroll up or down and add 2 rows of notes
    • will sound messy, 10 notes per step
    • now use step probability and choose "10" for every note
    • Deluge will now play just 1 note per step - which one is random
    • combine this with Random modulations (Random in mod matrix)
      => pattern will never sound the same on each play