Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Recording live INTO arranger mode so it reflects a jam timeline

Hi all - I thought I heard this mentioned in one of the superbooth videos that you could record jamming and it would essentially show up in the arrangement page. The arranger is SOO amazing but to me this would be more organic to get the main elements of a song down then drill down and program in fills, sweeps, etc later.

Please forgive me if this is already possible and I missed it.

And THANK YOU for your amazing instrument Rohan and the Deluge crew!

Comments

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

You can use white instances. White instances are unique to arranger view.
    Either insert a new white instance or make an existing instance white by pressing shift.
    Touch the tail region of the instance to enter track view and record your new fill, sweeps, ...

You can also turn a white instance into a regular instance, check Rons youtube vids, explains everything much better :)

o0_o0_ SANTA MONICAPosts: 107

I'm pretty sure what @atimchak is asking for has nothing to do with "white instances" they are asking if you can hit record in arranger mode, flip back to song mode, and start cueing mutes of individual tracks and track groups. As you do that, the corresponding track instances get created in the arranger view.

So recording the track events into the arranger view. So you could just jam a performance as a strating point for the arranger, and then tweak it.

atimchakatimchak Chicago, ILPosts: 28

@o0_ said:
    I'm pretty sure what @atimchak is asking for has nothing to do with "white instances" they are asking if you can hit record in arranger mode, flip back to song mode, and start cueing mutes of individual tracks and track groups. As you do that, the corresponding track instances get created in the arranger view.

So recording the track events into the arranger view. So you could just jam a performance as a strating point for the arranger, and then tweak it.

Yes that is exactly what I was referring to o0 - thanks for clarifying.

To repeat - using song mode to record an arrangement into arranger mode using mutes and any other live functions so the arranger timeline will play back a jam.

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

I seem to remember this exact feature being mentioned in the sonicstate interview with Gaz talking to Ian about 2.0, maybe it is coming later?

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222
    edited July 2018

Found it 5:28 on this video, Ian says it is not yet possible to show, so assuming it will be added in an update.

Post edited by darenager on
    atimchakatimchak Chicago, ILPosts: 28

Yes! I wasn’t crazy! Great find darenager. This is so exciting that this will be in an upcoming update - so you can do a bottom up or top down composition.

intowhiteintowhite las vegasPosts: 9

please add the ability to record X length tracks from arranger in case you just want to jam or record audio in time without knowing the length of the segment beforehand

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614

Yes. Rohan is really keen to have this functionality in a future update.

VondragonnogginVondragonnoggin California, USAPosts: 199

This is exactly what happens with Ableton Live when hitting record and jamming in session view. Everything spits out recorded to Arranger view and you have you starting point of a song to make individual tweaks on in the Arranger. I was also hoping this what what 2.0 would do. Would love it in an update. I can build song sections and tracks in song mode and jam them live then have it all conveniently spit out to Arranger for finalizing and fine tuning.

+1000

Ian_Jorgensen
    ELEVENELEVEN Zagreb, CroatiaPosts: 60

yes PLEASE!

+11

mbangmbang Gothenburg, SwedenPosts: 61

Just read about this in the november newsletter, it´s a dream come true for me with "record to arranger". So cool!

recursorrecursor UKPosts: 33

sorry to resurrect an old post... but perhaps someone can help... now that you can record a jam into arranger it's great... but, is there a way, whilst recording to enter into a clip and play the keyboard in there? i'm guessing not as it says 'cant' when you tap a button on the clip row in question but perhaps i've missed something.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@recursor said:
    sorry to resurrect an old post... but perhaps someone can help... now that you can record a jam into arranger it's great... but, is there a way, whilst recording to enter into a clip and play the keyboard in there? i'm guessing not as it says 'cant' when you tap a button on the clip row in question but perhaps i've missed something.

You can play a clip via external midi keyboard :)

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

This discussion has been closed.