Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

analog trigger clock

ELEVENELEVEN Zagreb, CroatiaPosts: 60

hello everybody,
i am trying to sync the deluge to ableton. i've tried with midi in all possible configurations and haven't had any luck.
can anyone please explain what exactly to do to send an analog trigger clock pulse from ableton to the deluge?
i am trying with different short samples but none of them seems to work..
any help is greatly appreciated
thanx

Comments

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326

Did you read the manual about MIDI-Beat Clock in den Settings Menu or maybe Sync-Scaling ?

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin

i have tried using the Throb plugin, and several different short samples to no avail.
    maybe just buy the expert sleepers usamo, that would probably solve my problems

thanks for your reply.
    yes, i read everything there is in the manual but it doesn't start when set to AUTO under TCLOCK, nor does it sync to it when i start it manually while recieving trigger clock.

bump:

i can't get analog clock from ableton to start the D, nor does it sync to it when started manually.

could anyone explain exactly how to set it up, what kind of sample/pulse do you use?

much obliged

lucamattialucamattia Beta Tester Posts: 7

Not sure if this may help, but I am slaving my Deluge to my Zoom R24 recorder this way:
    1) record a trigger clock track on R24 (more precisely, assign a 4 beats 24ppqn trigger clock wav file to a track and loop it)
    2) send the track output to Deluge's click in (R24 can send a single track on phones output, so I connect that output to D's clock input)
    It works perfectly for me.
    This is similar to the old school tape sync workflow; however, shouldn't Ableton just transmit midi clock?

hey,
    thanx for replying!
    midi sync between ableton and the D is pretty unstable in any configuration, that's why i am trying to set up an analog sync.
    what kind of sound do you use for the pulses?
    i've tried very short samples of snares, kicks, hats, shakers, all with a very short decay but i'm just not making it 😕
    have also tried a plugin called Throb that is supposed to do exactly this, no luck either..

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326

Hmmm I did sync my Deluge with ableton on my computer and on somebodys computer while we did a session. It worked flawlessly . Did you check your cables or check it on another computer?

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin

lucamattialucamattia Beta Tester Posts: 7

Being a software developer I coded my own audio trigger clock generator, so that I can choose any bpm/length/ppqn/bitrate/sample rate. However you can test audio sync with the "audio pulse" files on this page, they work for me:
    http://tiptopaudio.com/circadian-rhythms-downloads/
    Just make sure you are only outputting the trigger track, and with a high enough level.

Thanx guys, you are ace!

i'll try everything out and report back

muchas gracias

ok, got it sorted out!
    the output from my audio interface was just too low.
    thanx again for your help people, much obliged!