Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

What is the Best Way to Organize Synth Presets?

BathMilkBathMilk United StatesPosts: 11

Question about best way to organize synth presets: I tried to go in and organize by letter and then number (i.e. bass = b001, b002, b003 etc, pad = P001, P002, etc.), but I end up with a clutter of b001, P001, b002, P002, etc. Anyone have a way of organizing and catagorizing their presets that is working well for them?? Thanks in advance!

AUDIO: Roland TD-30 and HPD-15 Drums w/ Line 6 & Moog Guitars > Line 6 Helix Rack w/ KP3+(2) FX Loops > 1/4 TRS to Deluge MIDI: TD-30 > Novation Zero SL MKii > Deluge > Helix

Comments

manateemilitiamanateemilitia Austin, TXPosts: 69

I have the same organizational difficulty. I would love preset folders, ideally.

BathMilkBathMilk United StatesPosts: 11

Im settling for a numeric method for organizing. i.e. 900's=Bass, 800's= Pads, 700's=Plucks, etc. Its the only way I found to keep things organized. It doesnt organize alphabetically at all, so I dont think there is any other way currently.

AUDIO: Roland TD-30 and HPD-15 Drums w/ Line 6 & Moog Guitars > Line 6 Helix Rack w/ KP3+(2) FX Loops > 1/4 TRS to Deluge MIDI: TD-30 > Novation Zero SL MKii > Deluge > Helix

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

good question!
    especially if considered preset names will likely stay once used in a song. since presets are stored per song. if a preset is later renamed (save as new) the name will still stay as it was in old songs.