Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge random tempo shifting?

STILETTISTILETTI HELSINKIPosts: 5
edited September 2019 in General Discussion

Last nite during a live set my deluge started noticeably shifting tempo up and down during one song. The track is not cpu heavy and has no arranger or what so ever. It has played well many times before. Anyone experienced anything similar or could have an idea what could cause this? My friends in the audience confirmed and noticed the random tempo shift groove too so it was not me freakin on shrooms or anything like that.

Post edited by STILETTI on

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Update to 3.0, and let us know if it happens again!

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

GameDudeGameDude EarthPosts: 51

@STILETTI said:
    Last nite during a live set my deluge started noticeably shifting tempo up and down during one song. The track is not cpu heavy and has no arranger or what so ever. It has played well many times before. Anyone experienced anything similar or could have an idea what could cause this? My friends in the audience confirmed and noticed the random tempo shift groove too so it was not me freakin on shrooms or anything like that.

Same thing happened to me man using the latest OS 3.0. It wasn't the shrooms lol. Must be a bug.

@STILETTI said:

Hey there, may I ask when you purchased your deluge? I bought mine in April of this year. Just hope it isn't a freak hardware issue.

Hey man! bought it in March 2018!

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

In the most recent beta build there is a fix for tempo jitter when swing is used under high cpu conditions.

msweeneymsweeney Minnesota USAPosts: 7

And how do we access the beta builds?

Facebook

@STILETTI said:
    Hey man! bought it in March 2018!

Got mine in 2019...March I think lol. Anyway, Rohan didn't find anything. I used MIDIpal to test the tempo tightness and the Deluge only dipped and sped up in a range of .5 to .9 bpm, which is unnoticeable to most people. He said that even the device used to monitor the tempo would most like have slight fluctuations itself. So anyway, just moved on and it is what it is. It doesnt happen all the time and if I have to sample 4 bar loops from Deluge into another device, I will- not a problem.

Yeah. Mine tempo shifting in the live situation was more like playing around with the tempo knob, which I didn’t do. Very noticeable. Song is not heavy, almost no samples
    at all. Just simple midi and cv sequencing + one synth track. Maybe 6 tracks all together.