Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Turn off automatic time stretch

EilonEilon ישראלBeta Tester Posts: 4
edited September 2019 in Deluge Software Suggestions

I think it would be great if it was possible to turn it off.. right now i have no ability to cut the start point of the clip without it changing its playback speed.. or did i get it wrong?

Post edited by Eilon on

Comments

duelinmarkersduelinmarkers Austin TX USPosts: 137

After adjusting the start and end points of an audio clip, you can re-"grab" its natural tempo to the song to remove time stretching. Search for "grabbing" in the manual.

But it changes the global tempo right? If i want to keep the current tempo unaffected is there a way?

duelinmarkersduelinmarkers Austin TX USPosts: 137

Are you saying you want moving the start point to also move the end point, so that you have the same amount of audio to play and no need to time stretch nor adjust tempo?

edited October 2019

no more like be able to work with the audio clip as you will with a sample in a kit
    or a synth track
    just change the start and end point without it affecting the audio
    so you can edit what ever you record and still have it unaffected
    i think a feature like that would make the deluge a real functioning portable "DAW"

Post edited by Eilon on
    gjvtigjvti Beta Tester Posts: 34

@Eilon said:
    I think it would be great if it was possible to turn it off.. right now i have no ability to cut the start point of the clip without it changing its playback speed.. or did i get it wrong?

I certainly second this suggestion. I also struggle with audio files I want to trim from beginning without time-stretching applied. However in general I'd prefer this trim from beginning option be available also in track edit where it is locked to the grid (not only in waveform edit)

SolejkushaoSolejkushao MarseilleBeta Tester Posts: 38

I second this!