Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

More (or even all) paremeters MIDI controllable

FilpalFilpal Paris, FrancePosts: 28

Hi, I'm surprised that so much of the parameters can not learn a midi message. The most frustrating ones were (for those I tried):
-arpeggiator mode
-arp sync
-arp rate
-saturation !!!
-modulation fx type
-delay stereo on off
-delay sync
-everyrhing regarding the reverb
-etc... (I guess)

Cheers! Thanks to Rohan and Ian for the amazing job you are doing. All my respect.

Comments

mcpepemcpepe Marbella, SpainBeta Tester Posts: 98

+1 This is a must for all the parameters of the synth and fx.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

Yeah, this was mentioned a few times. Don't think there is a dedicated request for that already. Lack of midi control was often mentioned for Stutter for example. So, very good thing :)
    Yeah, everything should be learnable. For the love of controllerism :)

MafooMafoo Posts: 53

+1

tffshtttffshtt berlinPosts: 53
    edited September 2018

yes please...FYI I requested this in a 'real MIDI templates' suggestion...all parameters should be midifiable.

Post edited by tffshtt on
    harrykaufmanharrykaufman AmsterdamPosts: 14

+1

This would make the Deluge even more suitable for live performances :blush:

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

@tffshtt said:
    yes please...FYI I requested this in a 'real MIDI templates' suggestion...all parameters should be midifiable.

yeah, what i can control with the Select knob, i want to be able to control by midi.

DiamondEyesDiamondEyes Maidenhead, UKPosts: 39

Synthstrom should consider this suggestion and perhaps look at producing their own dedicated hardware performance type midi controller.... along lines of Akai Midimix or the Livid DS1 just a thought.

JahraJahra Posts: 17

absolutely 1+
    don’t understand where the benefit is to make only a few parameter midi controllable?? the same for parameter automation, undo / redo commands, .... why rohan prefers to make this unnecessary limits?

TortVicTortVic FrancePosts: 1
    edited June 2020

+1

Great way to improve live performance! I would love to see this in the next firmware!

Post edited by TortVic on
    1heUndertaker1heUndertaker UKBeta Tester Posts: 24

... +127 ... +128 ....
    I also vote for MIDI controllable functions please !
    Would be great to use an external ribbon controller, arduino developed MIDI control panel with multiple and diverse control options for live and creative expression !

Thank you again for continuing to bring new options with your firmware best regards to Rohan, Ian and all the team !

regebroregebro Posts: 3

A setting to apply MIDI CC only for the current clip would also be nice. Then I could use some nice external midi controller to create sounds. It's so much faster, at least for me, when I have one knob per function.

kleinstarkleinstar germanyBeta Tester Posts: 51
    edited May 2023

@regebro said:
    A setting to apply MIDI CC only for the current clip would also be nice. Then I could use some nice external midi controller to create sounds. It's so much faster, at least for me, when I have one knob per function.

That`s also my biggest point. My encoders wear out..
    It could work like this:
    Setting up one Midi channel in settings (..Auto mapping channel..) - on this channel a Midi table applies just for the selected clip or kit. This could include Notes for kit rows by number to play drums with pads and notes play the selected synth clip.

This would be a very big deal for everyone! :)

This is also the only way of implementing further predefined midi mapping - since the multiple clip architecture of the deluge - there can be just the selected clip with a predefined midi table.

Post edited by kleinstar on
    soundframessoundframes ItalyPosts: 5

Already in another post but worth putting it here too:
    Midi assignable Shift button please somebody!
    Most global parameters are (play, rec) but not the shift!
    Helpful for two hands noodling or for some people experiencing physical disabilities (my case: using a prosthesis to replace my left arm means that some combo buttons functions are a bit of a tough reach)
    Living and loving my Deluge and this community since 2016, thanks Synthstrom!!

dzaxydzaxy ukPosts: 13

And mod destination for that list also

kleinstarkleinstar germanyBeta Tester Posts: 51

@dzaxy said:
    And mod destination for that list also

Or at least some of the important ones - like Lfo/Envelope-Filter..