Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Auto Change Clip Color with Every New Overdub/Loop

BathMilkBathMilk United StatesPosts: 11
edited September 2019 in Deluge Software Suggestions

The new looper tool is amazing, so much so that I can quickly record so many clips that I lose track of which is which! It would be awesome if it would automatically change the clip color every time you start a new loop/overdub instead of always defaulting to blue. That way you could tell where one loop or set of overdubs ends and the next begins, and if you want to customize the color to something different you still can. Thanks for reading!

AUDIO: Roland TD-30 and HPD-15 Drums w/ Line 6 & Moog Guitars > Line 6 Helix Rack w/ KP3+(2) FX Loops > 1/4 TRS to Deluge MIDI: TD-30 > Novation Zero SL MKii > Deluge > Helix

Post edited by BathMilk on

Comments

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

yeah.

if u mean section color (column to the far right), i agree it should autocolor things. problem is there are only 12 section colors. still i guess it could autocolor and switch to the current behavior

BathMilkBathMilk United StatesPosts: 11

@amiga909 said:
    yeah.

if u mean section color (column to the far right), i agree it should autocolor things. problem is there are only 12 section colors. still i guess it could autocolor and switch to the current behavior

No, I mean the color of the clip/waveform in song view. Changing color to the right would create new 'sections', and that may not be desirable in a lot of situations. Could be cool too though!

AUDIO: Roland TD-30 and HPD-15 Drums w/ Line 6 & Moog Guitars > Line 6 Helix Rack w/ KP3+(2) FX Loops > 1/4 TRS to Deluge MIDI: TD-30 > Novation Zero SL MKii > Deluge > Helix

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

@BathMilk said:

@amiga909 said:
    yeah.

No, I mean the color of the clip/waveform in song view. Changing color to the right would create new 'sections', and that may not be desirable in a lot of situations. Could be cool too though!

imho they behave like sections (of 1 instrument) because they mute each other. if overdub mode = purple for audio and for midi overdub.
    i would be prefer to be able the change the track view coloring for an instrument in general, rather than by clip.