Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Actual sustain pedal support

I know I can map a cc to the release on the deluge to get a sort-of sustain function, but I would reaaaaaally like an actual sustain function the way it typically works on a synth (holding the sustain phase of a note). It's also kind of a pain to have to reassign a cc to release every time I want to have an instrument react to my sustain pedal.

Pleaaaaaaase rohan

Comments

Also for MIDI clips.

A sustain input is usually viewed as the responsibility of the midi input device (ie midi keyboard) and it is rare that a sound module or groovebox has support for a sustain pedal..
    None of my synth sound modules, nor MPC, MC grooveboxes, nor Maschine have this support.....but the good news is that there are a number of midi thru function boxes that will take your sustain pedal and add the CC64 messages to the data stream.. or if you are near/wired to a laptop, you can use Bome or midiox to translate any input to CC64

lchatanakalchatanaka United StatesPosts: 13
    edited September 2019

@Mystic38 said:
    A sustain input is usually viewed as the responsibility of the midi input device (ie midi keyboard) and it is rare that a sound module or groovebox has support for a sustain pedal..
    None of my synth sound modules, nor MPC, MC grooveboxes, nor Maschine have this support.....but the good news is that there are a number of midi thru function boxes that will take your sustain pedal and add the CC64 messages to the data stream.. or if you are near/wired to a laptop, you can use Bome or midiox to translate any input to CC64

Yeah, but the deluge is a synth as well, and I don't have a single poly synth that doesn't respond to a sustain command. The question isn't getting something to send cc64. That isn't the problem. The problem is that the deluge does not respond to cc64. Even worse, you can't map anything to control the sustain of an envelope the way it traditionally behaves. The closest you can do is to map cc64 to the envelope release, which doesn't have the same behavior.

Post edited by lchatanaka on