Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Expansion of Iteration Dependence: select when notes DON'T play

Ry_n_IRy_n_I Auckland, New ZealandPosts: 14

The note probability and iteration dependence functions are one of my favourite features of the Deluge! Works wonders for adding human-like complexity unpredictability to loops.

The note probability section (turning select knob counter-clockwise) works brilliantly, I can't imagine this end being any better. I find Iteration dependence useful for making notes play occassionally, but not so much for making notes ocassionally NOT play. It would be great to be able to set notes to play more often than not in a controlled sense (as opposed to randomly with probability setting).

I have an idea for how this could exist on the Deluge. Perhaps dotted values like in the probability section could be added to iteration dependence to represent when a note will not be played. For example, 1 OF 3 with a dot would mean the note does not sound on the first iteration but does on the second and third. Basically just the opposite of how iteration dependence currently works. The dotted alternatives could be placed after each existing dependence option, or as a whole additional bunch after 8 OF 8.

I believe this would be a great expansion to this already amazing feature, for more control over when notes play (when you want it) without having to extend loop lengths. Let me know your thoughts and if there's any conceivable reason this idea couldn't or shouldn't exist.

Peace & love to the Deluge community!

Ryan I

Comments

manateemilitiamanateemilitia Austin, TXPosts: 69

I enjoy the probability/iteration dependence functions on the Deluge. One feature I miss from the Digitakt that I'd love to see implemented here are pre-conditions—i.e., only play this note when the previous not has also been played. It allows for easily creating iterative phrases rather than just notes.

Ry_n_IRy_n_I Auckland, New ZealandPosts: 14

@manateemilitia said:
    I enjoy the probability/iteration dependence functions on the Deluge. One feature I miss from the Digitakt that I'd love to see implemented here are pre-conditions—i.e., only play this note when the previous not has also been played. It allows for easily creating iterative phrases rather than just notes.

This is featured on the Deluge, isn't it? It's created by using dotted probability values. Read the relevant section in the manual, dude.

manateemilitiamanateemilitia Austin, TXPosts: 69

Ah, you're right—totally missed that.

Also, your "anti-iteration" idea is great too.