Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

starting an audio sample part way through in song mode?

Trevor_RefixTrevor_Refix BC, CanadaPosts: 10
edited May 2018 in Deluge Help

Hi there. New owner here. I'm hoping to use the Deluge as a way to sequence my stems that I bounce out of Ableton - basically allowing me to stay out of the box until mix-down stage.

If I have some audio stems that are 3 minutes long, is there a way currently that I can scroll to (for example) the midpoint of the song and when I press play have the audio stems start at that point (at their mid point) as well? Similar to the linear arranger view in DAWs? Or is sample playback always started from the beginning of a sample?? If this isn't possible now, does anyone know if it's the expected behavior in the 2.0 arrangement mode?

I guess a wok around would be for me to bounce my stems out in 4 bar loops or something so I could still access later parts of a song and work from there. I do this with my Octatrack sometimes, though it's a pain in the bounce department...

Cheers!

Post edited by Trevor_Refix on

Comments

pfrfpfrf ca, u.s.a.Posts: 165
    edited May 2018

The update coming soon addresses all that, I heard on some video that it will be out mid-June:

At 18:40 there is a discussion of stems mode.
    I know I’ve seen a Superbooth video that goes into even more detail about it, it’s on YouTube somewhere. I’d wait on any labor intensive work-arounds.

Post edited by pfrf on

Hey, thanks for the reply - the 2.0 stems mode definitely looks like it should / could do that. I thought I saw it mentioned in a Superbooth vid that I can't find again too, fingers crossed as that would be game changing in my workflow :)

"midway sample playback" is featured in 2.0, as confirmed by Rohan's post in the beta group. I've installed the beta and had it working for a bit, but I can't get it to work again. Either way, it will be happening!! And in the meantime I'm happy to help squish the bugs around it :). This will be such an amazing feature and a real DAW killer!!