Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Set note velocity (for entering new notes)

2»

Comments

VondragonnogginVondragonnoggin California, USAPosts: 199

@pfrf said:
    The Pyramid has midi effects and a euclidian sequencer. They’re fun but the list of midi effects includes an arpeggiator, quantizer, swing, scale and a few other things that are actually already included in other sequencers. The euclidian sequencer is interesting but limited to one scale tone. The randomizer and chance effects are great. I find the workflow awkward, though, so if I enjoy the Deluge I’ll sell the Pyramid.

I have heard the old E-mu Command Stations were good sequencers and I’ve heard good things about the Yamaha QY-700 but new is nice, I like new gear.

My RM1x has all those cool midi fx but no Euclidean sequencing. I almost bought a Pyramid but held out and then saw the Deluge Superbooth video. Glad I held out. Synth and sampler options are great.

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614
    edited May 2018

@llexam said:
    @Ian_Jorgensen I appreciate your nuanced approach to adding new features, and I'm happy to learn that low vote count suggestions may still be heard.

(audible audio clicking when performing certain functions or combinations of functions [possibly fixed in 2.0], sometimes corrupted p-lock automation when loading a song from save, occasional loss of SD card read functionality during sample/kit loading, etc),

If you have actual issues like this, please email me us, we'll sort bugs out for sure, Email us a song file and a description of the problems you are having. (make sure you double check its not a dodgy SD card first for that fault - try a diff one before looking further into that - also, we can't support if running downrush/wi-fi cards

or are not implemented but implied in the Deluge advertising description (no pre-sample audio input monitoring without a cumbersome work-around, no optional playback/recording screen cursor follow across pages, no display of values when entering/editing p-lock style automation, all of which are commonly expected functions based on advertising the Deluge with the features 'sampler'/'sequencer'/'parameter automation', respectively, in the year 2018).

Everybody has different expectations. I would hate to think you bought something with the wrong expectations, they have amazing resale values, you'll more than likely recoup on all your costs including shipping if you look to resell. Obviously we can't write a list of all the things it doesn't do that people may or may not "expect" it to do...all we can do is show people what it does do and let people work out if that works for them or not. Maybe you can buy again if/when it does what you need it to do?

Ultimately, the paid customers (me, and perhaps others) are left wondering if these basic expected functionalities and OS bugs are being considered, or are deliberately being left out due to coding issues or purposeful design choices. Publishing some sort of public dev roadmap, or active communication about such issues, are possible solutions to this problem. There may be other solutions too.

Any bugs, you need to email us about, please, we'll action immediately - or get involved in the Facebook firmware testers page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/DelugeBetaTesters

Post edited by Ian_Jorgensen on
    llexamllexam USABeta Tester Posts: 73

@Ian_Jorgensen Thank you for the detailed response, I'll email directly.

MPrinsenMPrinsen NetherlandsPosts: 157

@Ian_Jorgensen setting the default/remembering the last note velocity hasn't changed in the 2.0 update, did it?

MPrinsenMPrinsen NetherlandsPosts: 157

So this has been implemented in the new beta 2.0, as I read it, it is EXACTLY how I suggested! Thank you team Synthstrom!!