Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules & guidelines

Multiple audio track outputs via USB

It would be amazing for mixdowns if the audio from Deluge internal tracks could be easily routed to their own respective tracks in a DAW.

Comments

The user and all related content has been deleted.
    minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usa

Yeah, my first thought was 'overbridge' with elektron and how it seems a boondoggle.
    Id guess the hardware would need to be built with that feature specifically in mind, and its not just something you could code?

amiga909amiga909 Switzerland
    edited May 2018

dont know if you need special hardware. Elektron has a usb type b connector like Deluge. typical for usb non-host devices. hard to guess how much work for deluge os.

not hard to guess is the huge amount of initial and ongoing work for developing and maintaining pc software. mac and pc drivers, keep up with os updates, daw integration, .. hardly a weekend job. Elektron has over 100 employees..
    Give Synthstrom a break.

Post edited by amiga909 on

The main reason I haven't bought an analogue heat is because of Overbridge. Why pay for sub-par DACs I have no use for?

I've a feeling this can't be done anyway because there's only two channels of DAC in the Deluge hardware, I may well have got that wrong though!

Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher

So this is getting down voted because it might be too hard? Or are people really opposed to multi outs?

Maybe @rohan could just clarify whether or not it would even be feasible at all ? :)

Not a priority for me personally, but good to know for those who would want it so not too much energy is wasted on speculation

Im neutral to the wish. Multi outs would be cool sure, but id rather keep development in the deluge itself. As @amiga909 implied, to make the deluge into what would be in effect an external soundcard, would open a gate of compatibility gremlins id personally rather not see the the devs have to chase down.
    But yeah, if its something they can bust out, go for it. Roland, Korg, Novation, Elektron, Ableton, ect, for each of their products, nine times out of ten, any glitch or hangup or crash has been an audio/midi driver issue. Thats been my personal gripe of dealing with conventional computer platforms. They just were not designed with music/audio production in mind.
    But then again, Synthstrom has done some tricks that astound me compared to the competion.
    But all that said, im well-pleased with the deluge's a/d convertors and build quality and its lean, badass firmware as it is really.

MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, Germany

Unfortunately it's not possible.
    This should be added to the "read first before posting" post in Software Suggestions.
    There's no DAC in the USB or whatever...
    A bunch of us 1st generation people (who had to wait months made a lot of suggestions) discussed the more outputs issue, for cueing, bounces and FX lines etc...
    Downrush helps with the cueing issue though.
    Hopefully at some point there might be an internal bounce function, but I'd assume that will take a while as I assume it'll be hard to write the code. :smile:

72versions72versions Auckland NZ
    edited May 2018
    Post edited by 72versions on
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Fair points, if Deluge gets to a place where it can mix tracks with precision (could even just be the values on the display or VU metering thing), and some type of compression / limiting or at least isolation / export of stems, then I would much prefer this option. Like lots of us I'm trying not to use my computers if it's feasible w/o sacrificing practicality. If it can all happen in the box then thats best for sure.
    Should also mention, I'm already super happy with Deluge, it's definitely the best piece of all round gear I've owned in forever, just nice to contribute to the update discussion when I know this isn't far from becoming a 100 percent DAW alternative.

@alien_brain good point about bouncing/export. I dont see why an export feature couldnt be coded to write stems to sd if there was enough intrest.

MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, Germany

@minigoat
    It's mentioned here http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/5/please-read-first-before-posting as:
    WAV file export / mixdown
    I'd assume that would mean as stems.

72versions72versions Auckland NZ

Another Midi bus via USB would be nice too ;)

mpiecorampiecora United States

This is the overbridge of Synthstrom