Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

MIDI assign limit?

DVBDVB USAPosts: 48

I'm trying to use my DSI Rev2 as a midi controller keyboard for the Deluge's synth section. I'm finding that once I assign 12 or so knobs before the Deluge starts flashing "FULL" (instead of "CANT" or "LEAR"). I'm not seeing anything in the manual about a limit to assigning knobs to control the various synth parameters. Not sure I understand why there would be a limit as using the Rev2's knobs would make programming sounds so much more pleasant. Right now I can only program the filter section & the VCA env before it starts flashing full.

Anyone have some insight into this? Or workarounds (besides using the Synthstrom interface)?

Comments

StromerStromer GermanyPosts: 55

Same with me. I assigned 10 Controller, than it says "FULL". I also realized that many functions are not assignable (CANT), what makes it impossible to use an exteren soundeditor f.e..

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Can't say I disagree with any of this. I was looking to get a sampler & drum machine & bought the Deluge figuring 2-in-1 & get another synth & sequencer as bonus. Knew going in that it had a less advanced sampler than the Oktatrak & I haven't spent much time with it in part because so far, it's the weakest & least flowing part of the machine for me. Even things like just launching long-playing samples isn't much fun, much less mangling it. Hope Rohan decides to spend more time on it later. The piano roll sequencer is the reason I'm keeping it & the synths are surprisingly serviceable but limiting external midi CC to 12 makes it far less tweakable friendly & the presets are meh.

I was bemused by your posts during my pre-purchase research but having lived with the box for 3 weeks now, I see what you're getting at. Right now, it's pretty damn cool. Coming from an AKAI MPC Live, I like the Deluge much much better. It has the potential to be a classic but there are a few limits that prevent it from being mindblowingly awesome. Excited to see how 2.0 changes the equation.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Dude, Ian's in Germany getting ready for Superbooth and the release of update 2.0 is imminent, what the FUCK are you crusading for ?

Things are getting attention, however you are not since you communicate like an old rambling fool.
    Settle the fuck down and stop making it seem like Synthstrom doesn't care, they just don't care for YOU and that's your own fault

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614

Gees man. we've g> @alien_brain said:

no response. things that really need attention dont get it here in deluge country.

Gees man. We're not going to resolve one issue at a time and issue a firmware update every few hours. You know very well we have another big update coming in June, keep your pants on and wait till then, then come crying back to the boards when it's still a "toy" ;)

Unfortunate that you took some valid points & wrapped them in bitter pills. Ian's been great in responding to a few other issues that I've had.

SamSam WellingtonModerator, Staff Posts: 160

@DVB Just to provide an update here: While the limit at the moment is 12, in the new update this will be unlimited. So you'll be able assign external control to as many of these features as you like :)

Fuck yeah!

(Sorry, I'm American).