Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

track launching question

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 296

on every song, up to this recent one, when you launch a track to start playback it waits until the measure to begin. well, now every time i launch a track, it starts playback instantly at the press of the button.
stoping playback still occurs in sync, just not start.
did i change some setting? i didnt know this was an option without holding shift.

Comments

so i guess you need a track to be launched first in order to sync another.

SamSam WellingtonModerator, Staff Posts: 160

@minigoat Yeah, you're correct. In order for the track to wait before it starts, it needs another track to be playing in order for it to sync against. Otherwise it starts playing on the next beat. Is this what you're experiencing? Or is it launching immediately even when you have another track already launched?

Yeah, its only when its the first to launch. Guess i hadnt noticed it before, since theres usually a track playing at start. I had been setting up a tr-8 midi slaved with no tracks playing on the deluge yet. Was launching a midi track to add fills from the deluge and everytime would come in without a count. No biggie just had me scratching my head. Thanks @Sam