Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Please shift community service from Facebook over here

moosiqpiplmoosiqpipl Frankfurt am Main, GermanyPosts: 24

Not only due to the latest news in regard of data misuse, but also as I really cannot see any advantage of using Facebook as the primary platform for your community service, I'd ask you, Synthstrom, to
move your community service from Facebook over to this place here.
This website and forum got all that is necessary to serve your community demands.
Thank you!

((qp))

Comments

MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 247
    Total! There's another thread that's mentioned this too.
    Facebook is shit.
    Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614
    edited March 2018

There's not actually much going on at the "closed" page to be perfectly honest, Matt can probably confirm that. The "open group" which we have no control over is far more active and it still make sense for there to be somewhere on FB for people to gather.

It is still handy for us to know, that when needed, there is a group that is ONLY users, though yeah, we don't really interact with it all that often? So the "users" closed page still does serve a purpose - albeit one we don't call on often.

We do require the beta-testing to be done by a group who we lock off to public view and can control exactly who is taking part, Facebook facilitates this well and that process works for us (for the moment) and it's easy to validate people through that.

Btw, is anybody actually surprised at Facebook being exploited for data? I delivered a lecture on Cambridge Analytica over a year ago, they've always been brazenly open about their methods and I'm pretty sure most people who use Facebook understand that they do so at that risk, just like any Google product, does anybody actually trust these companies with our information? I think people should just use Facebook the same way they use any forum - sign up with as much information as you're willing to disclose - you don't have to use it as a "social network".

All that said, I agree and I have been trying to interact more here recently (although it can be a pretty toxic environment).

Post edited by Ian_Jorgensen on
    amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078
    edited March 2018

@Ian_Jorgensen said:
    Btw, is anybody actually surprised at Facebook being exploited for data? I delivered a lecture on Cambridge Analytica over a year ago, they've always been brazenly open about their methods and I'm pretty sure most people who use Facebook understand that they do so at that risk, just like any Google product, does anybody actually trust these companies with our information? I think people should just use Facebook the same way they use any forum - sign up with as much information as you're willing to disclose - you don't have to use it as a "social network".

All that said, I agree and I have been trying to interact more here recently (although it can be a pretty toxic environment).

Yeah, the current FB rage is pathetic. Zuckerberg slime boy confessed they had made mistakes. Wow. Yeah, getting rip offed by a sciencist was the mistake ;)
    Media business is based on advertisers, always was. No big surprise FB sells out our personal data.

Post edited by amiga909 on
    dest4bdest4b Frankfurt, GermanyPosts: 98

now as the forum is updated i miss the recent discussions button in mobile view. so i have to change to desktop view everytime.
    please give me the button back :)

www.soundcloud.com/dest4b

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 296

Ive bookmarked the recent discussions page from classic view on my phone, and it now loads automatically in mobile veiw when i open it. Using android/firefox.

LjkLjk Austin Tx USAPosts: 98

recently been pretty active here. I dont know why i neglected this before. Being here feels more part of it.