Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Sampling mode with functions of “resampling” mode

It is almost there...I mean the same functions as in “resampling mode” but with line in instead of line output (that is more obvious for me). It is strange that that functions (as a pattern dependent record punch in/out) appeared in resample BEFORE simple sampling. It is so annoing that I have to stop and mute everything just to sample anything in rythm. I can not even make rythmically and musically right voice sample.

Comments

EddyEddy Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 292

resampling from line IN? From my understanding resampling always happens in the machine....

KapusKapus MskPosts: 12

@Eddy said:
    resampling from line IN? From my understanding resampling always happens in the machine....

As for now there is no pattern dependent record punch in/out in sample record mode, but “resample mode” has this functionality. Now you can not sample a straight bar or two etc, everything you sample is out of rythm grid, or you may be a robot to press record in time.

EddyEddy Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 292

Found this in another forum, maybe it can help?

_Assign one of the oscillators to Audio In.

Paint up its track with an endless Release note on a C3 pitch.

Hook up a Midi Out from the Deluge, into a Midi synced source.

Connect that source into the Deluge’s Audio Input.

Now, use the automated sampling start feature introduced in 1.3. I think you press and hold Record, and then Play when you’re ready to go.

The Deluge now triggers your midi source and starts sampling at the same time.

End the sampling as you started it, and the Deluge stops sampling as the sequencer reaches the end of the page.

This gives you perfect start and end points for any source you’re sampling this way._

EarthCryEarthCry Asheville NCPosts: 15

I think you guys are missing Kapus's point. I also want this feature badly. This is a necessity for those of us live looping. As it stands right now you cant get a backing groove going on the device and sample a new loop without capturing the whole mix. Being able to simply capture an isolated loop from the input as the device is playing other tracks should be a primary feature. Think of the possibilities, you could record an external synth on one track, then a guitar on another track etc...