Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

note repeat

Shortcut to have note repeat with preconfigured rate for all kinds of channels.
The way it could work: special button + note, in channel view.

Comments

VJFranzKVJFranzK Los Angeles USABeta Tester Posts: 129

I also wrote it up this way, with YouTube examples:

Drum Roll Please! Literally… I'd wish for a “roll” or “note repeat” functionality that could be toggled on or off. ( Similar to the function on MPC, Electribe “arpeggiator” etc. )
    The buttons would repeatedly sound, quantized with the current grid rather than in the the usual way.
    This differs from the existing Arpeggiator in that:
    It affects all input, rather than being set per track.
    All keys would sound, rather than arpeggiating between them ( unless Arp was active )
    The speed of the repeats would lock to the current zoom level!
    allowing a roll that changes speed by turning the knob! ( See Aphex: Buchephalus )

These would be recorded into the sequence if Rec was enabled.
    This could be the fastest possible way to record IDM or Trap style patterns, which may feature a lot of drum rolls.
    It could also be used for “performance composition”, with no off time notes heard.

References:

Maschine “Note Repeat” + Trap Hats

MPC “Note Repeat”

Electribe “Arpeggiator” Discussion

Used in making a track

Tenori-On “Solo Mode”

Aphex Twin

Music, Visuals, Reviews of Synths, Drum Machines, Apps
    YouTube: VJFranzK

Get me this feature, and I can sell a hundred Deluges. ; - )

KapusKapus MskPosts: 12

Please look at my suggestion (interface idea...), what do you think?

yorgosyorgos greecePosts: 40
    Very nice idea!
    Upvoted!

@Kapus said:
    Please look at my suggestion (interface idea...), what do you think?

it's interesting, but what I've described would be easier to add to the existing system

any way they make it,
    note repeat repeat repeat!

faktoidfaktoid GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 11

I would really like that as a function built in the deluge.
    right now I am helping myself with a cheap nanopad2...
    Assigned to the different instruments in a drum kit I do some real time repeat entering with the help of the the nanaopad2 gate function and the trackpad... Setting the resolution of the deluge to 32nd notes gives some nice rolls in it.... This does a good workaround ...

LjkLjk Austin Tx USAPosts: 98

+1

The user and all related content has been deleted.

I noticed that you can assign the Arp for each individual row of the drum kits! ( rather than for the entire kit )

here, about 4:00

Which is interesting, overlaps, but isn't the same as what we're talking about here.

My "Hard Techno Beat" and "Satelite Drum" are included in the 2.0 presets!
    These use the Arp to imitate Beat Repeat features,
    but I'd still also like to have it available globally, rather than having to to set every single patch and kit element to it's own Arp!

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

What about if the existing stutter feature could be modified to be a note repeat/roll? So press the stutter button, hold down the upper gold encoder and play an audition pad and it does a roll/stutter, currently it only works on pre-programmed notes. It might be better if the process is quantised to the current note length, but the rate could still be increased or decreased by turning the knob.

JscottkJscottk SeattlePosts: 51
    edited June 2018

+1 I'd love to see this functionality implemented in the Deluge. I have tons of fun using my push to make hihat rolls/fills using the 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 etc buttons

Post edited by Jscottk on
    amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

@VJFranzK said:
    but I'd still also like to have it available globally, rather than having to to set every single patch and kit element to it's own Arp!

there is a workaround for a "patch-independent" arp
    http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/490/patch-independent-arp/p1

edited July 2018

For comparison, see in this video: 10:25 Solo Mode ( and 9:25 "Bounce Mode" )

When I write a hit song using Deluge, maybe they will implement global Note Repeat? ; - )

Post edited by VJFranzK on

edited September 2018

Here's another disussion video I made, with the Global Arpeggiator of the Electribe EMX, which is truly useful if you you know what to do with it! ( The Electribe ESX and EMX were my previous "go to" grooveboxes, but got the Deluge to go beyond their limitations... )

Post edited by VJFranzK on

thehypnotist333thehypnotist333 USABeta Tester Posts: 27

Yes, this! It would be so useful to have note repeat on the deluge

EddyEddy Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 292

yes Electribe EMX was my favourite groovebox as well...ARP and Note repeat is a killer feature.
    I am still looking for a MIDI Translator to map those Note Repeats to any other CC B)

The Tenori Sequence Modes are interesting as well, but -like the Pyramid- a pure Sequencer is still not that what I am looking for.

mrrafsmrrafs ukPosts: 63

+1

booyipbooyip UKPosts: 10

Yes please - note repeat / beat repeat synced to bar length (1/4, 1/8, 1/16) with Apply-to-All capability in kit or song modes would be ace for live mangling. Stutter is fun to mess around with but unpredictable and very sensitive.

dont think note repeat should be a new feature. essentially it is a 1 ocatsve arpeggio. Del is missing:

• 1 button shortcut, direct access, for toggling arpeggio on/off
    • direct access for arp rate
    • global scope

id propose to exend the keyboard screen. the rightmost columns, mute and audition, could be used to control midi effects.
    audition column could be used for arpeggio performance control. like 1 pad for toggle on/off and 7 pads for changing the arp rate.

Sketch how it could look in Keyboard Mode

great work amiga, but still no triplets in the ARP :(

yeah, hoped for that too in 2.1. interface is much cleaned up now though, also for arp, much more CANT messages, no SOON.
    in the sketch i just took the same beat divison shortcuts a mpc has.

don´t be so disappointed: It is stable, has still enough power and i am sure they will keep workin on it. The difference between SOON and CAN´T is not the point after all I guess :)

72versions72versions Auckland NZBeta Tester Posts: 39

Clever, looping it. ^ But that doesn't enter it into the sequence as notes.
    I thought about using the arp also (and included it in the drum patches I made for v2.0!)
    but a local arp is not global, and also can't enter into the sequence as notes if Record is active.

Here's the Behringer 808 clone! I got to try it, and note the shiny note repeat buttons!

(If I get to test this machine again, I will bring my Deluge to meet it!)

Another new machine that has it is Akai Force. (as it is an evolved MPC)

A really easy way to add global note repeat to current functionality: have it toggle on/off somewhere, and -
    If the preview pads or sequencer pads are held down, it will repeatedly play notes in sync with the current
    music, at the speed matching the current zoom level ( 16th, 32, triplets, swing, etc. ) and will change if you change the zoom level, allowing rolls that speed up or slow down.
    If Record is lit, these notes would be added to the sequence! (unlike an Arp, this is ALL the keys held down.)

I would leave it on all the time! but it could be switched on/off by some convenient shortcut key.

You can make a beat like this ^ faster than manually lighting all the sequence squares. ; - )

Still wishing upon a star for this! I don't think it's possible to do with external gear, even this KordBot

perhaps I shall have to develop my own app for laptop or mobile to play as i wish to

I'm repeating my wish for the option of "global note repeat" that can be spontaneously be recorded into any sequencer track.
    I recorded this video while evaluating the MPC Live 2 which has a nice implementation of this feature!