Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

MASTER EFFECTS TRACK

workergrayworkergray Gulfport, FloridaBeta Tester Posts: 222
edited September 2018 in Deluge Software Suggestions

When (if) there is a new song/arranger mode, we'll need a master automation track which could control master fade, master eq and any other controls/effects that cover the entire arrangement that could be automated.

For instance: I would like to be able to set the total volume to fade-in or fade-out over an arbitrary, predetermined length of time (4 bars, 16 bars, etc.)

What would take it one step further is if each track had individual automation control.
This could be done on the track itself. Recalling my graphic proposal for song mode on another post, the patterns would remain on their own track, but in arrangement mode they would appear as a single pad (depending on the pattern's length versus the zoom level)
Any unlit pad on the track would be "silence"-- the pattern not playing. Any lit pad would be an instance of that pattern playing-- this would be arranged horizontally, just like entering notes in a drum kit. Each instance of the pattern could have it's own individual parameters assigned to it which would be NON VOLATILE-- they would only effect the pattern during arrangement playback.

Post edited by workergray on

Comments

I discovered you can apply fades to individual "unique" tracks in the arranger, but they must be done one by one as far as I can tell. It would be nice if there were one track where you could control global effects.

edited September 2018

To designate the track as "global automation" you could hold a blank audition pad and dial the edit knob to select "auto". There could even be more than one.

there could be "punch in" and "punch out" points designated the same way track iterations are-- hold the first note, tap the last note. Then while "record" is on, it will only record the automation that takes place in those specifically designated areas. The "record" light would blink until that area is reached and go solid until it passes that area.

Post edited by workergray on