Work Flow and File Management...How do you like to build songs and keep them tidy with the Deluge?

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 46

Have you discovered any good habits you'd like to share? Have you found reliable ways of creating songs that keep samples, kits and synths relevant and prevents them from getting lost in the event of a moved or replaced folder?
It would be nice to get a list going of users workflow as we progress with this great little box...

Tagged:

Comments

amiga909amiga909 SwitzerlandPosts: 77

My structure looks like this:
    drmL //drum koops
    drnS // drum single shots
    vox // human voice
    sfx // various fx
    inst // synths, piano, ..
    _iso // sample libaries, rather temporary

I've started a sample manager tool for Deluge, https://github.com/amiga909/deluge-synthstrom-utils
    currently the only thing it does is archiving unused recordings.
    Upgraded to a 32GB card, dont have storage issues right now. Things on my mind:
    - archive all unused samples
    - backup songs: fetch all samples used in a song, move the samples to a new folder and rewrite the song xml accordingly. dont know how to deal with kits yet (kits used in multiple songs).

edited February 10
    Ill have to check out that compiler your working on. Very cool. Even just keeping separate what youre not using is helpful. Have you seen theres a kit compiler? It creates kits from all the samples in the folder you run it in. Im away from my computer to share a link right now.
    Also, I like the naming convention youve chosen for browsing on the deluge screen.
    Post edited by minigoat on
    IcoustikIcoustik NorwayPosts: 230

The upcoming update currently in beta right now has, among other things, scrolling screen text, so it can display full filenames instead of just 4 letters. It scrolls automatically and can be manually viewed with the <>-knob as well :)

That's a big + for keeping samples organized and knowing what's what.

Cool thanks for the heads up. Thats going to make finding your way around much easier.
    IcoustikIcoustik NorwayPosts: 230

Absolutely