›
Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules & guidelines

downrush software and using flashair cards

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usa
Anyone know about using the flash air sd cards as far as it affecting the deluges sample read write performance? I like the idea of wireless transfer ect but dont want extra bugs or lag time ect to deal with. So is using downrush and a wifi flashair sd card just the same as using a standard sdhc card?

Comments

It's SLICK my bro! Just the same, in my experience.

Just get the newest FlashAir version, W-04. (Max speed = Read: 90MB/s, Write: 70MB/s)

hmmm...yeah, i might have to try it out then! maybe after i become more familiar with the deluge.

alien_brainalien_brain yer moms house

my bro! ive had lag. but everybody likes the idea so much that its a faux-pas to say anything but ‘it works great!’. that vibe prevails here so dont take everything you read at face value.

LjkLjk Austin Tx USA

i imagine there would be. i want to try it for myself which will be soon. im sure Jamie would be transparent with you if you asked him.

i've been using the w-04 card for a couple of months now.
    I havn't noticed any lag in read/write time. I dont use the wifi pass thru.
    I have had files go missing, which I cant account for. Not placing direct blame anywhere, so take that with a grain. i wouldn't use the wifi card live.
    i recognize this is developmental wares, and i'll consider myself a Deluge newbie for a long time really, so its really hard to say if any hiccups are a result of the deluge, or the card. im aware of this, and keep my expectations in check and run downrush at my own risk. i use it, id say 95 percent for wireless file transfers.

@Ljk said:
    i imagine there would be. i want to try it for myself which will be soon. im sure Jamie would be transparent with you if you asked him.

ahem. _ her_

Yeah, no lag tho.

lag doesnt happen every time, and probably not if you dont use samples heavily.

I use samples extensively on the Deluge, more than anything else. I've got 30GB of samples on the SD and haven't had any unreasonable problems

how many seconds of samples do you use per composition? i have many gigs of samples on the card too. what does that have to do with lag really? do you think im lying? of course you do. btw when will you give my avatar back my bro?

My compositions are usually based on samples, if that wasn't clear. I use things like ambient background recordings that are 30mins up to an hour or more.

I don't know what to think about you, quite frankly my brodie bro

edited April 12

then i relieve you of thinking anything at all. go on your way and be freeeee! your intimidation attempts dont work. but i do want my avatar back

Post edited by alien_brain on

You're just a giant poopnugget smothered in crapnoodles :)

my bro, your fantasies are becoming embarrassing

Yeah whatevs, you can have the last word fool