[BUG] Audition pads don't produce sound when section muted, even outside of playback.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a song with at least two sections, by cloning a single track.
- Go into track edit mode for a track in the section that is not enabled.
- Press any audition pad.
- No sound comes out. The light indicating that the section is muted flashes.
I consider this a bug because of the following:
- The device is not in playback mode, so no other sound would be playing, nor anything would be interrupted. If the device were actively playing something, making a sound would be inappropriate here.
- The user has explicitly instructed the device to make a sound, by using an audition pad, which has only one purpose: To make sounds. I am not commenting on the grid pad touches, which have other functions aside from making sounds. In this circumstance of a grid press a case can be made for not making a sound.
- It is a major hassle to switch to song mode, switch on the section one wishes to edit, go into track mode, make the edits, go back to song mode, switch back to the section that was previously set as active and finally get to hear both sections played one after other to see how they fit. This is compounded by the fact that such an edit cycle may need to be done several times. With the presence of the audition pad sound the process is simplified, as one can just press play without leaving the track edit mode. The section prior to the edited section will play and the play head will fall into the section being edited, for a nice and easy way to see how the two fit together.
Feel free to ignore, relabel as a feature request or delete this, if you don't consider this an issue. It has been a rather sizeable impact on my section-heavy workflow, however.
Deluge serial number 170512, Firmware 1.3.2